The Time I was Gonna Kill a Deer with a Knife!

If the stories I am seeing were the ONLY stories about hunting I had heard I would say hunting should be outlawed. I am NOT anti-hunting but reread these storries and imagine you are the deer that is wounded and someone trys to dispatch you by turning your head around "three times"!!!
These stories are, many of them, just cruelty to animals. If I was involved in them I sure would NOT report them. In the one I reported, the Javalina WON the fight and the hunter ended up in the hospital. Good for him.

If the stories I am seeing were the ONLY stories about hunting I had heard I would say hunting should be outlawed. I am NOT anti-hunting but reread these storries and imagine you are the deer that is wounded and someone trys to dispatch you by turning your head around "three times"!!!
These stories are, many of them, just cruelty to animals. If I was involved in them I sure would NOT report them. In the one I reported, the Javalina WON the fight and the hunter ended up in the hospital. Good for him.
You do realize that in the end of all successful hunts, the animal is killed and eaten right?

I mean, we aren't out there trying to sell them girl scout cookies. If you ever see how other animals kill deer in the wild, you know how much better it would be having your neck twisted than having a pack of coyotes eat your hind legs to the hips without even bothering to kill you.

Take your hallmark card ideas about killing an animal and your naive ideas about hunting over the the Peta page where people share your tender heart.

Another episode came to my mind last night. It has been almost 40 years, I was on a back road when a 6pt hit the R front of my 280ZX. The buck was stunned but not dead. I thought I would dispense with him by using the lug wrench. I wasn't the 2ft model but rather a stubby, maybe 18" version. I remember popping him several times between the eyes and him just looking at me like, "is that the best you've got?" I decided to go to a nearby convenience store where I picked the first Bubba with a rifle in his gun rack that pulled up. I asked him if he wanted deer, and the rest was, well, history.

After several decades of hunting and seeing several slobber-knocker fights between mature bucks, I understand how under-equipped I was. I would have had a better chance of dispatching that deer with a Daisy.

You didnt even read what I wrote. AND I deeply resent your attempt to paint me as anti hunting. Shooting a legal animal is not objectional to me. But make them suffer needlessly after the fact is. You owe me an apology.
You are not an animal, I dont think, so justifying such things because animals do it is a straw man.

You didnt even read what I wrote. AND I deeply resent your attempt to paint me as anti hunting. Shooting a legal animal is not objectional to me. But make them suffer needlessly after the fact is. You owe me an apology.
Here's my apology:

You are out of touch with the brutality that is nature, and the messy business that is killing. I'm sorry that your emotions are in line with New Jersey Cat ladies and that stories clearly filled with hyperbole and told with obvious humor cause you to vomit your virtue signaling self righteousness all over this post in written form.

Again, you didnt even read my post, so maybe you need an education on reading. People that hunt, legaly and for a purpose are good hunters. Those that do so because they enjoy the "the messy business that is killing" should not have a license.

I read every word of your post Jim, and my reading comprehension is just fine.

You see, let me explain something to you:

I've never had to say or type the words "I'm not anti-hunting" in my life, because I never said anything so ridiculously anti that I needed to clarify my position on the matter. If you've ever walked into the woods with a bow and a quiver of arrows to hunt a big game animal, you are in no position to lecture anyone on the mechanism of death of a game animal. And, if you haven't carried a bow and killed big game animals, your opinion doesn't matter. Humans have lived on this planet for a couple of hundred thousand years and killed animals to eat. The idea that people shouldn't hunt is a couple generations old, and people who pose as hunters but believe any manner of death that doesn't make an animal flutter their eyes and pass peacefully across the rainbow Bridge is an unethical kill is an even newer mentality. Not everyone has the intestinal fortitude for this bloody business Jim, not everyone has it.

My buddy and I in horse hunting.Came across cub,I put my leather gloves on and thought I catch it,then is stand up on its lil bear legs and bawl at me and I chicken out.

Quit crapping in my thread. We're all killers in here.

My buddy and I in horse hunting.Came across cub,I put my leather gloves on and thought I catch it,then is stand up on its lil bear legs and bawl at me and I chicken out.
I imagined some Sioux warrior from 1880s telling this story as how you typed it! LOL

Tine for a little Humor

Attachments

• Vegan-Nature.jpg
    Vegan-Nature.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 88
There are some hunters that use dogs to chase down wild pigs and catch them. The dogs will actually hold the pig long enough for someone to slowly walk up to the pig and stab it through the heart.
I've done it on numerous occasions. We didn't want to hit a dog with a bullet so one guy grabs a hind leg as the other guy stabs it in the heart then you get the hell away from it. In 15 to 20 seconds, dead hog.

I've done it on numerous occasions. We didn't want to hit a dog with a bullet so one guy grabs a hind leg as the other guy stabs it in the heart then you get the hell away from it. In 15 to 20 seconds, dead hog.
In South GA the real hog hunters all carry very BIG Bowie knives for that reason! I don't have any electronic pictures, but should have some paper pictures in the basement, will post if I can find them.

Recent Posts