The New Hornady A-tip match bullet

IMG_4874.jpg
Who builds the Werewolf and where does one get the brass? Very impressive looking round. This is the first picture that I have seen of one and want to find out more.
more info on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/375Mercena...SgbtDZEbjN8VRTmfH0-oYSULqSp_gnO0k2UJgAjIF-bvg

IMG_0531.JPG
It's based off the 500 Jeffery if that helps
the original was based on the 500 Jeffery case but not the revised final version, this one is off my 375 Executioner case shortened to reduce capacity for optimum case fill with heavy 30 caliber bullets

basically the largest diameter case on the planet that can be used in 338 Lapua actions, the 338 Wolverine and others have also been updated to the new design ....

I would expect there spec to be 3 decimal points. But in terms of monitoring performance you want to go at least one more decimal point. That is how you can truly measure the performance of systems. If you do not there will not be enough data to draw conclusions about moving in and out of stability and or control

I have to say they look impressive! Just got to hold them. I was most impressed with how much bearing surface they still have while being so sleek.
I was told they will perform like a FMJ on game but I'm sure someone will find out...
Jacket thickness is the same as the ELD-M. Can't believe the aluminum tip would perform any different other than less deforming from heat or handling. As said, we will find out soon enough.

I bet they could push .900 bc with a 185+ in 7mm.
Alco's aluminum tipped 195 is advertised at .932. There 180 is .860 and there 168 is .803. All pretty impressive. I expect Hornady will be on par. Remember, BC means nothing without consistent accuracy. Accuracy trumps BC hands down.

I know right? It's just hornady haters that cant stand to see them making strides in the direction that no other MAJOR manufacturer has done before.
I love Hornady bullets but really don't like hornady's attempt at belittling the.260 Remington just to put the 6.5 Creedmoor as a performance leader. Any shooter( besides a Creedmoor shooter) knows the .260 outperforms the 6.5 Creedmoor hands down. Yet, Hornady prints the comparisons in their loading guides so ridiculously that it's obvious. Having owned both rifles in those cartridges, the .260 literally has a definite advantage in ballistic performance. Not hating the Creedmoor I can say that both are excellent rounds and the Creedmoor has a huge factory ammo advantage as well as many recent followers but most are mislead by hornady's claim.

Alco's aluminum tipped 195 is advertised at .932. There 180 is .860 and there 168 is .803. All pretty impressive. I expect Hornady will be on par. Remember, BC means nothing without consistent accuracy. Accuracy trumps BC hands down.

Have you shot the Alco bullets and confirmed from drops the bc's are correct ?

Pretty much everybody knows the bc claims are hyper inflated ie ... BS

Same kind of crap that happened to the 264 Win Mag years ago, not that ANY cartridge has the exclusive rights to biased marketing. The important thing is that a few see through it. Who cares if the unwashed masses parrot the stupidity. It only serves to render them insignificant.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.