The New Hornady A-tip match bullet

Is a couple clicks worth it?

I encourage you to read Bran Litzs book, I posted a copy of what he said on accurateshooter about spinning a bullet faster than 200,000 rpms accuracy can start to suffer. Most buys I know that shoot completion to a 1,000 rum 8tw in 6Dashers and 6BRAI.
Guys that run the 300WSM at Williamsport most run the 10tw with the 210and 215 I can guarantee you if spinning the bullet more had better accuracy they'd be doing it.

A post implying 40 cents a bullet isn't worth it followed by referencing Williamsport for what we should be doing?

I encourage you to read Bran Litzs book, I posted a copy of what he said on accurateshooter about spinning a bullet faster than 200,000 rpms accuracy can start to suffer. Most buys I know that shoot completion to a 1,000 rum 8tw in 6Dashers and 6BRAI.
Guys that run the 300WSM at Williamsport most run the 10tw with the 210and 215 I can guarantee you if spinning the bullet more had better accuracy they'd be doing it.
Litz is also finding more recently that tighter twist holds accuracy better at ELR, along with keeping more BC.
Is a benchrest guy going to run an 8 twist when a 10 will stabilize, absolutely not. They may be some of the few that would even notice a loss of accuracy.

If you get a 1-8 30cal barrel to shoot the 250s and they don't turn out like you hoped, how light of bullet could you go back too?

Thanks
idcwby

I am shooting a bullet rated for 1:10 twist in a 1:7.5 twist. It depends on the style of riling, how fast you push the bullet and the bearing surface or jacket of the bullet.

A post implying 40 cents a bullet isn't worth it followed by referencing Williamsport for what we should be doing?
I'm not referencing anything other than you dont have to spin the crap out of a bullet to get it to stabilize, for 95% of what most of us are doing and theres a down side to it.

Litz is only one opinion.

Spinning a bullet faster can help with expansion and killing animals quicker...and since I'm posting this on a hunting website I care about killing an animal the cleanest and quickest way possible...not what a bunch of competition shooters at Williamsport that would cringe at the sight of blood think.
Litz has probably done more testing than anybody. Have you ever heard of sage rat shooters me include that like to spin the crap out of 17 and 20 cals because of the way they tear up gophers or praire dogs trust me theres something to it I do alot of it. The same applies to hunting bullets I often wonder if guys who say Bergers blew up on them aren't spinning the crap out of them, I personally think that's why Berger backed off on there twist rates.

The same applies to hunting bullets I often wonder if guys who say Bergers blew up on them aren't spinning the crap out of them

Velocity has more to do with it, yes twist plays a part but anything over about 3400 and bergers get on the edge of coming apart.

Velocity has more to do with it, yes twist plays a part but anything over about 3400 and bergers get on the edge of coming apart.
I shoot 20 cal 55 bergers at almost 3800 fps in a 20 BRAI and have never had one come apart

It's no different than saying hornandy came out with the 250 to sell to the faster twist guys

Explain to me why do you think Berger backed of there twist rates recently.
Because even according to their twist rate calculator they were stable at any sort of elevation. Now if you run it at 600' and 30°F which would be me shooting in the fall/winter to get to fully stable I'd need a 9. Even at marginal stability the bullets will still fly straight, just lose some bc. So they raised it back to 10 so they don't scare off potential buyers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.