The New Hornady A-tip match bullet

May want to check again. Ran to the same speed the app says the 153 is superior

I'll check again, I took screenshots and sent them to Hornady so maybe they changed something.

Edit* nope, still wants more. Granted it's barely more, but still odd.

Double edit* the 153 catches up and takes the lead at 760 yards.... which is pretty odd considering I'm using the exact same velocity

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check again, I took screenshots and sent them to Hornady so maybe they changed something.

Edit* nope, still wants more. Granted it's barely more, but still odd.
That's odd. I just checked again and for me the 153 still comes out better. 1 click less wind and about 2 clicks less elevation over the 147

There is such a thing as spinning a bullet to fast and accuracy starts to suffer.
You can also gain some bc, and keep it longer from a tighter twist.
Hornadys numbers on the 225eldm from a 10t and a 7t.
Screenshot_20190426-133753_Chrome.jpg

I encourage you to read Bran Litzs book, I posted a copy of what he said on accurateshooter about spinning a bullet faster than 200,000 rpms accuracy can start to suffer. Most buys I know that shoot completion to a 1,000 rum 8tw in 6Dashers and 6BRAI.
Guys that run the 300WSM at Williamsport most run the 10tw with the 210and 215 I can guarantee you if spinning the bullet more had better accuracy they'd be doing it.

Me either, I doudt most of us would.
That's why I shoot eld bullets and not a premium bullet like a berger. At 1000 yards the difference e between a .25 moa load and a .5 moa load are just about indistinguishable once you include all the environmental factors. Atleast on my level of shooting. And I can shoot nearly double the amount for the same price. Your mileage may vary.

I encourage you to read Bran Litzs book, I posted a copy of what he said on accurateshooter about spinning a bullet faster than 200,000 rpms accuracy can start to suffer. Most buys I know that shoot completion to a 1,000 rum 8tw in 6Dashers and 6BRAI.
Guys that run the 300WSM at Williamsport most run the 10tw with the 210and 215 I can guarantee you if spinning the bullet more had better accuracy they'd be doing it.

Litz is only one opinion.

Spinning a bullet faster can help with expansion and killing animals quicker...and since I'm posting this on a hunting website I care about killing an animal the cleanest and quickest way possible...not what a bunch of competition shooters at Williamsport that would cringe at the sight of blood think.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts