The New Hornady A-tip match bullet

View attachment 211617

heres the exit on a goat we shot at 250 yards. 166 a tip at 2770 muzzle from 7ss.
Les obus de cible n'ont pas la résistance nécessaire pour la chasse. Certains obus de chasse sont suffisamment précis pour la cible mais coutent plus cher. Que l'on abatte du gibier avec des obus de cible ne prouve rien, et cela est un manque à l'éthique du chasseur à mon avis.

Still no .375's?! I have a barrel waiting on these to be released. If not soon I'll just go with the Cutting Edge Lazers.

Les obus de cible n'ont pas la résistance nécessaire pour la chasse. Certains obus de chasse sont suffisamment précis pour la cible mais coutent plus cher. Que l'on abatte du gibier avec des obus de cible ne prouve rien, et cela est un manque à l'éthique du chasseur à mon avis.
Yep

😂😂😂

Attachments

• 92DB250F-E65D-49A7-AFC8-31E8ACB06D95.gif
    92DB250F-E65D-49A7-AFC8-31E8ACB06D95.gif
    821.7 KB · Views: 137

Sorry my man. I dont speak that languuage. Kf someone csn translate id be happy to answer.

Loose translation via the 'net:

Target rounds do not have the resistance necessary for hunting. Some hunting shells are precise enough for the target but cost more. That we kill game with target shells proves nothing, and that is an ethical breach of the hunter in my opinion.

For me personally, i dont view it as unresponsible of a hunter to use a match grade bullet for hunting, but its with a caveat that it has previous known 1st word experience to be effective.

The greatest example of this is the old Amax. Also, one benefit of shooting an a max or eldM is the cost factor. Sure i could shoot partitions or purely hunting based bullets, but they cost nearly 2-3x more and that means less time for me behinf the rifle, where the true factors matter (practice practice practice). The biggest disservice in hunting imo is a guy who shoots 20 rounds a year thru his hunting rig. Because even with the best hunting bullet or biggest cartridge, a misplaced shot is something you cannot fix.

A video of what practice can do is when i saw scott satterlee punch 2 rounds into an elk within seconds, straight into the boiler each time.

For me personally, i dont view it as unresponsible of a hunter to use a match grade bullet for hunting, but its with a caveat that it has previous known 1st word experience to be effective.

The greatest example of this is the old Amax. Also, one benefit of shooting an a max or eldM is the cost factor. Sure i could shoot partitions or purely hunting based bullets, but they cost nearly 2-3x more and that means less time for me behinf the rifle, where the true factors matter (practice practice practice). The biggest disservice in hunting imo is a guy who shoots 20 rounds a year thru his hunting rig. Because even with the best hunting bullet or biggest cartridge, a misplaced shot is something you cannot fix.

A video of what practice can do is when i saw scott satterlee punch 2 rounds into an elk within seconds, straight into the boiler each time.
Sorry I couldn't read French and was only commenting yep like I did understand it. I use match bullets probably 80% of the time I hunt as most of my shooting or hunting animals is at very long ranges. Wasn't really agreeing to the comment.

Sorry I couldn't read French and was only commenting yep like I did understand it. I use match bullets probably 80% of the time I hunt as most of my shooting or hunting animals is at very long ranges. Wasn't really agreeing to the comment.

No worries. Theres no right or wrong in this situation imo. Each hunter has an ethical dilemma they must face snd weigh their options in front of them. Always good to hear other peoples thoughts to either validate our own or help us grow and adapt new thought processes.

No worries. Theres no right or wrong in this situation imo. Each hunter has an ethical dilemma they must face snd weigh their options in front of them. Always good to hear other peoples thoughts to either validate our own or help us grow and adapt new thought processes.
I'm actually a pretty big advocate of hunting with match bullets. I use Amax, ELDs, SMKs, Scenars and RDFs frequently in many cartridges I load for to hunt with. Unfortunately I find myself in conflict with so many that don't agree.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.