Hornady A-Tip

I watched the Gunwerks video with the a-tip on an antelope, big deal it killed an antelope the jury's out untill little tougher animal like elk and I'm not gonna be the one to test it on one.

my testing with the 153 A-TIP showed more tumbling than expansion but maybe the 135s at higher velocity will give better results.
6.5 PRC
57.5 retumbo
3011 avg
they are accurate but I wont be trying them on game. I had high hopes but that what testing is for

I watched the Gunwerks video with the a-tip on an antelope, big deal it killed an antelope the jury's out untill little tougher animal like elk and I'm not gonna be the one to test it on one.
The question is about expansion isn't it? If the ATIP will expand instead of pencil or tumble on thin skinned game like Antelope, I don't see why it wouldn't do the same on big tough bullet proof elk.

my testing with the 153 A-TIP showed more tumbling than expansion but maybe the 135s at higher velocity will give better results.
6.5 PRC
57.5 retumbo
3011 avg
they are accurate but I wont be trying them on game. I had high hopes but that what testing is for
Read this, answers tumbling

The question is about expansion isn't it? If the ATIP will expand instead of pencil or tumble on thin skinned game like Antelope, I don't see why it wouldn't do the same on big tough bullet proof elk.
Question is is it gonna splash on thick hide and alot bigger ribs like an elk. I know from some pretty good sources that is what the 195's were doing, some splashing and some penciling.
This wasnt internet hearsay people I talked to I know what there talking about.
Was it a lot problem, I dont know.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.