The dumbest thing you have ever heard

New LGS opened up a couple blocks from the one that I worked in during the hey-day of chinesium SKS' and tins of corrosive ammo. Other LGS owner told a customer that once you open one of those tins of ammo you have to shoot it all because it will just corrode away if you don't. He wasn't working a sales angle, he truly thought that.

Also heard someone ask an astronaut if they'd ever considered a manned mission to the sun.
A O C recently said she thought the sun was the biggest single cause of global warming, and she was gonna talk to musk, get him to research a trip to the sun. She then went on to suggest they go at night, so it wouldn't be so hot.

I've posted this before but ........

A NC whitetail "guide" told me that he prefers a 30cal cartridge for hunting deer because the bullet burns down in diameter, due to air friction, before it gets to the deer. He said that a .308 bullet would be less than 7mm before impact.

I thought the guy was joking but he actually believed what he was telling us. I can't believe that he was much of a shooter. LOL
It use to happen with the lead ones before they put the metal wrappers on them. I've seen it……..

Hear it way too much-- "there needs to be a hunting season on lower 48 grizzlies to teach them to fear man"! Insanity!!
I actually agree with that quote! Beaty gulch, Tom Miner basin up paradise valley in Montana use to be my stomping grounds for elk hunting, but the griz got way too thick and show little fear of humans.

Over the years I have always heard the crazy gun counter, range and even work stories people have told, so let's do a 2023 version.

Mine to myself just a few days ago, this is going to be a fun project 🙄
I shoot antelope running at 500 yards just put the crosshair on the nose and pull the trigger and I hit right behind the ear, I shoot a 300 mag.
I shot a deer last night but didn't get him he was too close the bullet hadn't got up to speed yet.
shot a deer with my bow last night, he was bleeding like crazy but after an hour he ran out of blood and we couldn't follow his trail anymore.

These are stories from 40 years ago when I was a bartender. needles to say I heard a lot more..

A NC whitetail "guide" told me that he prefers a 30cal cartridge for hunting deer because the bullet burns down in diameter, due to air friction, before it gets to the deer. He said that a .308 bullet would be less than 7mm before impact.
I wasn't gonna tell this next one, until you posted this.

Had a "friend " several years ago……
We were discussing all the new Tv shows promoting long range hunting. He said those 1000 yard impacts on animals must be devastating……… because the bullet had plenty of time to mushroom big before it impacted the animal.

The night before Muzzleloader Opener several years ago, stopped into the LGS right before closing time for something last minute.
There was a guy in there buying a gun for hunting the next morning. The clerk was trying to get him set up, telling him what he'll need.
When he mentioned needing primers, the fella responds "What's a primer?"

THESE PEOPLE ALSO VOTE....
WORST still is they breed!!!