Tell me what tripod

I have a BOG and it does the job, fully adjustable , ball head on it, legs can go almost straght out, and lock in different positions, they are on Amazon. Check them out. It has beafy legs, and it's rock solid, got mine on sale, for around $180.00, has the death grip top on a ball joint, and made a adaper in my machine shop to clamp it quikcly, it's out standing.
Ditto… I 3D printed an adapter for a RRS ball head. Works great.

I have a friend looking for one that is cheaper.
Mainly for standing and using a spotting scope.
Has anyone uses this?
Price seems way to low for what it looks like you are getting.

REKON Outdoor Gear™ CT-1 Carbon Fiber Ambush™ Tripod with BH-1 Ball Head and RTA1 Picatinny to Arca-Swiss Mount R003

If you want a shooting tripod, I like the Spartan system. If you want the most steady standing shot check out the Viper-flex shooting sticks. You can get them from Hollands in Oregon. They're Danish. Get the accessory leg and it's almost as steady as shooting bench rest.

If you want a shooting tripod, I like the Spartan system. If you want the most steady standing shot check out the Viper-flex shooting sticks. You can get them from Hollands in Oregon. They're Danish. Get the accessory leg and it's almost as steady as shooting bench rest.
Good stuff!
As a heads up, Holland's is in the process of moving to just outside of Billings, Montana...It is a ongoing process and they should be done sometime in 2023. Darrell is already teaching his LR shooting courses there.

I have A Primos Jim Shockey that is nice and light, but recently bought a Bog Pod Death Grip and it is fantastic! I spent the extra and got the carbon fiber after my guide had one that we used on an elk hunt recently. The best tripod I have ever used hands down.

I have broken 3 tripod heads by shooting rifles that came in under the weight specs for said tripod. i have been using Predator Tactics tripod for over 2 years now and it is great. Easy attachment of rifle to head and zero issues with recoil. For the around $200 price, it is a deal. I have zero affiliation with them, I just like their Tripod

Found this one on sale at Cabelas.
I have a BOG and it does the job, fully adjustable , ball head on it, legs can go almost straght out, and lock in different positions, they are on Amazon. Check them out. It has beafy legs, and it's rock solid, got mine on sale, for around $180.00, has the death grip top on a ball joint, and made a adaper in my machine shop to clamp it quikcly, it's out standing.
FYSA, a site sponsor makes adapters for the BOG.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/bog-deathgrip-tripod-ball-head-kit.291923/

I've spent about 6 hours staring at all of the options. I do not have the time to use it heavily so I am not going with something like RRS etc. (just cant justify it). I have been looking at the Leofotos, Inorells, and I also have access via Expertvoice to the Athlon Midas but its about 50.00 more than I'd like to spend, which is ~300 or less.
I'd like something with beefy legs on the large end. A ball head can be bought separately or as a package if you know of one.
Below is the Midas.
View attachment 425684
IMG_20221118_154157~2.jpg

The new bog infinite is pretty nice. It has beefy enough legs to hold my 20# mpa. It has a saddle that attaches to the ball head via ARCA.
I bought this one for 279 on Amazon

Visit Hog Saddle Store on Amazon. I've used the tall PigSaddle Aluminum Tripod for several years. Extremely durable. Tall version for use while standing shooting or using a spotting scope runs around 160. If you opt for the IMO Gimmicky Carbon Fiber version you can spend a lot more money. The Saddle clamp is additional. And it comes in a metalized OD green.

You might consider these new Leofoto's that Rent Outdoor Gear just started carrying. I just bought the tall version a little over a month ago and really like it. It comes as a legs + head assembly. I think there's alot of value there without jumping up to the next level of $1000-1500+ RRS sets.

I first bought the innorel rtc80c and while it gets the job done I wanted different ball head options. Sold it to a buddy and bought a innorel lt364c/rt90c and a leofoto mab-75 soar ball head which accepts pic or arca. The difference between the two ball heads is night and day and I highly recommend this route. Look at eBay for leofoto sa-324-c+ma-30l. It's basically the same setup I have just a little more compact and lighter. If you put the item on your watchlist they send you and offer some 15-20% off

I first bought the innorel rtc80c and while it gets the job done I wanted different ball head options. Sold it to a buddy and bought a innorel lt364c/rt90c and a leofoto mab-75 soar ball head which accepts pic or arca. The difference between the two ball heads is night and day and I highly recommend this route. Look at eBay for leofoto sa-324-c+ma-30l. It's basically the same setup I have just a little more compact and lighter. If you put the item on your watchlist they send you and offer some 15-20% off

I think you're right on that one. The Leofoto SA324/30L combo is likely a little more stable than the ST324/LSC-50 combo. Just 4 oz heavier. Think I might go that route if I did it over. They cost the same. I went with that SA model because it's just a little lighter and an interesting design. I may end up going to that same ST model down the road.