Tell me what tripod

I have broken 3 tripod heads by shooting rifles that came in under the weight specs for said tripod. i have been using Predator Tactics tripod for over 2 years now and it is great. Easy attachment of rifle to head and zero issues with recoil. For the around $200 price, it is a deal. I have zero affiliation with them, I just like their Tripod
Bman940,
Did the tripods break or just the heads? Also do you remember the manufacturer and models that broke?

Not trying to highjack this thread but if I might ask : who are all the manufacturers that make a quick disconnect clamping style rest( head) for the tripods? I use one of the original Slik tripods, normally seated and would like to be able to leave rifle attached while glassing. Thanks in advance .

Floyd

The closeout SLIK 824 at ~3.5 pounds is a good deal.

I think CameraLandNY bought all of the twist lock version, and have been selling them for $150. Seems like one of the best deals going.

I also think Sportsman's Warehouse bought all of the 824 with lever locks. It's a bit heavier, as the lever locks are metal clamps. It's also a bit more expensive.

I bought both, but returned the lever version to save some weight. I found both to be better than the ST series from Sirui but have not compared to something like the SOAR.

Should check out a bog pod. I have been using one for the 2nd season of dog hunting now and it is a great product. Has a cant level built onto it, fully adjustable for prone, sitting/kneeling and standing shooting. Clamps work extremely well and this thing holds up to the harsh weather. Very well made product in my opinion and within your price range you mentioned. It is also easy to carry afield as that was a concern for me when out for coyotes and moving constantly..
I love mine