Huskemaw prone shooting sticks...tell me what you think

chw

They are a tripod set up with a leather bag on top the system is short enough and the legs spread enough to use in prone position looks small and light enough to pack around. They look awesome as a front rest and still fold up really small to put in back pack they also can be used as a rear elbow and stock rest for seated shooting. Along with a good set of light fold collapseable front sticks like primos pole cat style you should be set up to shoot in any situation and the setup will weigh next to nothing and take up no space. Anybody have thoughts on better setups or different opinions?

Sorry i want to have pictures of all this but can't seem to figure out how to attach pics or links.

I went with Precision Rifle Solutions.

I'm interested in that one as well. Pretty much same as huskemaw. How do you like it? Would you prefer this tripod style rests over attachable bipod such as Atlas or Harris?

I'm interested in that one as well. Pretty much same as huskemaw. How do you like it? Would you prefer this tripod style rests over attachable bipod such as Atlas or Harris?

I initially picked this for my 14 yr old to use for a antelope hunt because it offers a lot of adjustment. I have used Harris bipods for years. Haven't tried atlas yet. I would gladly do away with the Harris and go with this tripod. I spoke to the owner and he is a true patriot. He has led a life of service and has a kid in the Naval Academy. Product has dual functions as you can quickly switch the heads. Buy with confidence.

I've been using the Precision Rifle Solutions tripod for a couple years now and I am very happy with it. I keep the legs together but extended to about waist high and use it as a walking staff until I need it to shoot. When not walking, I open the tripod and hang my rifle from it with the sling -- very convenient, especially in snow or when there is nowhere to lean your rifle.

I have used it to take a bedded mulie buck at 200 yards and a walking 5x5 bull elk in a blowing snowstorm at 350 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.