Tell me what tripod

omt223

I've spent about 6 hours staring at all of the options. I do not have the time to use it heavily so I am not going with something like RRS etc. (just cant justify it). I have been looking at the Leofotos, Inorells, and I also have access via Expertvoice to the Athlon Midas but its about 50.00 more than I'd like to spend, which is ~300 or less.
I'd like something with beefy legs on the large end. A ball head can be bought separately or as a package if you know of one.
Below is the Midas.
1673122949148.png

What's your plan with it, does portability play a factor in this decision or not?

Weight doesn't matter to me when using a tripod so I'd go with this one:

I normally use a huge Davis & Sanford that doubles for my spotting scope tripod, it's got to weigh 10# at least, but I'm shooting from a ground blind and never moving.

What's your plan with it, does portability play a factor in this decision or not?

Weight doesn't matter to me when using a tripod so I'd go with this one:

I normally use a huge Davis & Sanford that doubles for my spotting scope tripod, it's got to weigh 10# at least, but I'm shooting from a ground blind and never moving.
Its a plus if its more portable; I will use it to hunt incidentally but probably just range use 80% of the time

Should check out a bog pod. I have been using one for the 2nd season of dog hunting now and it is a great product. Has a cant level built onto it, fully adjustable for prone, sitting/kneeling and standing shooting. Clamps work extremely well and this thing holds up to the harsh weather. Very well made product in my opinion and within your price range you mentioned. It is also easy to carry afield as that was a concern for me when out for coyotes and moving constantly..

I used an Innorrell RT80 for a couple of years. Not a lot of use, a few days practicing at the range and a couple of hunting trips. This year, while elk hunting, one of the small plastic tabs broke so you could not extend that leg. sucked, but it does happen. The fix was inexpensive and easy, just beware.

I've spent about 6 hours staring at all of the options. I do not have the time to use it heavily so I am not going with something like RRS etc. (just cant justify it). I have been looking at the Leofotos, Inorells, and I also have access via Expertvoice to the Athlon Midas but its about 50.00 more than I'd like to spend, which is ~300 or less.
I'd like something with beefy legs on the large end. A ball head can be bought separately or as a package if you know of one.
Below is the Midas.
View attachment 425684
omt223: I have a similar question: what bi-pod will latch this sling stud? It's on a 1967 BAR 30-06. I have a Caldwell bipod and the rebate on the stud prevent it from latching to the stud..........

Attachments

• 1967 BAR sling stud.jpg
    1967 BAR sling stud.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 51