TARGET BULLETS ARE NOT HUNTING BULLETS!

I just use hammer as an example because that's the go to mono on LRH. Does it make you feel better if I used cutting edge lazers as the example? They have a "good" BC for a mono. You didn't hit the calf in the a s s, you hit it in the vitals. Congratulations on your trophy! Good job! It drifted 75" more than the 180 eldm. 😂
i have never used monos and likely will not. Poor BC and cost are the main reason plus there are other bullets out there that will do the job and do it well. Ive just never gotten on that bandwagon. I do not object to a bonded bullet in some instances though if that is what you like. They just aren't for me. I hit a deer in the Neck years ago with a bonded that got away with a wound. Had I been using a Ballstic tip or eldm type projectile I would have had a much higher opportunity of it catching spine. Now, that is my fault for not putting the bullet exactly where is needed to go but a little bit more margin for error could possibly have made a difference.

How much juice to how much water? Always like trying new things with meat
From what he told me. He drained off the melted ice & AJ at least once. And then added new Ice & AJ. Not worrying so much about covering the meat in AJ. I think that was the point in keeping it in the bed of his truck all week while he drove to where he needed. Keeping it iced was key. Marinating was perhaps a poor choice of words. Depending on how full the cooler is perhaps rotate the meat. Certain other juices you need to be careful. I emphasize he did say ensure meat is always covered in ice. I do not know what his recipe was for canning either. But it sure was good. I have been interested in trying this myself before someone else does & possibly gets sick. I didn't get to hunt this year. So no luck there. If you do try it. Keep an eye on your meat closely. I don't think you should have a issue as long as you keep it iced well. And alternate meat/quarters if need be. I am not sure the canning process didn't have more of an effect on the meat as to the cooler. But it's his process. lol

Last edited:
I have often wondered if the moly even makes it to the barrel muzzle, much less lengthwise through a deer. It sure was hyped for years. Now all my moly coating equipment sets in a closet. The bullet in the picture was factory coated

I've shot thousands of moly coated bullets and have never seen the moly come off completely. The rifling can scrap some off the grooves but moly is normally impregnated into the bullet surface, and is very difficult to remove.

I don't know what the pictured bullet is coated with but it's just odd for it to be completely removed from non-bearing surfaces.

@Ucsdryder how were your results with the CEB? I've always been curious about em.

They were ok. Super accurate, good BC. I just couldn't justify them. Why would I shoot a bullet that doesn't kill as well, has a lower BC, and is 3-4x the price? If they made a mono that performed like a lead core I'd shoot it and not deal with lead, but for now I'll try to shoot behind the shoulder and when I can't I'll just cut out all the bloodshot meat.

Some people can't see the trees through the forest. As my dad always says "nobody has won an argument on the internet and few have changed their minds." After 13 pages of impressive results if a person still says

then his mind is made up and nothing will change it…
I posted many terminal performance pictures and you'll still get the inevitable "what if" or extreme scenario questions. It's the internet so I think your Dad has a point.

They were ok. Super accurate, good BC. I just couldn't justify them. Why would I shoot a bullet that doesn't kill as well, has a lower BC, and is 3-4x the price? If they made a mono that performed like a lead core I'd shoot it and not deal with lead, but for now I'll try to shoot behind the shoulder and when I can't I'll just cut out all the bloodshot meat.
Yup why would I put money into a fast twist barrel just to shoot a bullet that has a lower BC, is much more expensive, and is still toxic. Oh because big brother says it saves the eagles.

IMG_2901.gif

How many times are we going to have to this same pointless conversion? We have beaten this to death again and again and it doesn't change anyone's mind one way or the other.

What did the old crotchety shooters fuss about when there was just lead bullets and they had to work for everything? Or if it made a difference wether you pushed the ball down the bbl with your left hand or your right hand , I spoke as soon as they develop a 3rd sub category of bullet to squabble over🙈😂