TARGET BULLETS ARE NOT HUNTING BULLETS!

Pretty simple. Add a bag of ice to the bottom of a large ice chest throw in a hind quarter and a front shoulder, add some more ice throw in the other hind quarter and the front quarter and your trim and cover with ice.

Keep it closed up and drain as needed. The ice will melt fairly quickly at the beginning, but once the meat is cooled to the bone, the ice will last a long time. Replace ice as necessary. I've done two antelope and a deer this year so far with the ice aging method and left them for 12 days. I don't think it hurts to rotate the meat either but sometimes the ice gets really hard and it's hard to access the meat.

As you drain the water, it will be extremely bloody at first, but by the seventh or eighth day it's barely pink. I think it does a good job of removing all of the blood. Everything I've eaten has been very tender and mild.
You should try adding apple juice sometime.

Good luck getting a perfect range at 700-1000 yards in the field. With my 10x42 ZEISS RFs it's hard. With a hand held RF 4-6x it's really hard. Are you hitting the animal, the hill behind it, in front of it, etc. All that matters which is why a bullet dropping less helps.

At 1000 yards a hammer drifts 100" more inches. That's the difference between hitting the bull in the vitals and shooting the calf in the *** next to it!!!

You should try adding apple juice sometime.
Interesting. Are you flavoring the meat or does it serve some other purpose? I'm not sure if I mentioned this but by putting block ice on the bottom, it keeps the meat out of the melted ice at the bottom. Then I drain daily. So the plan is to never have the meat in slushy water if possible.

Good luck getting a perfect range at 700-1000 yards in the field. With my 10x42 ZEISS RFs it's hard. With a hand held RF 4-6x it's really hard. Are you hitting the animal, the hill behind it, in front of it, etc. All that matters which is why a bullet dropping less helps.

At 1000 yards a hammer drifts 100" more inches. That's the difference between hitting the bull in the vitals and shooting the calf in the *** next to it!!!

Shocker Alert……Hammer and Cutting Edge are not the only mono bullets available to the hunter!

If you continue to compare "your" bullet to those of greatly inferior BC's……we can never accomplish meaningful dialog!

Have a good evening sir! 😉 memtb

Shocker Alert……Hammer and Cutting Edge are not the only mono bullets available to the hunter!

If you continue to compare "your" bullet to those of greatly inferior BC's……we can never accomplish meaningful dialog!

Have a good evening sir! 😉 memtb
I just use hammer as an example because that's the go to mono on LRH. Does it make you feel better if I used cutting edge lazers as the example? They have a "good" BC for a mono. You didn't hit the calf in the a s s, you hit it in the vitals. Congratulations on your trophy! Good job! It drifted 75" more than the 180 eldm. 😂

Last edited:
I just use hammer as an example because that's the go to mono on LRH. Does it make you feel better if I used cutting edge lazers as the example? They have a "good" BC for a mono. You didn't hit the calf in the a s s, you hit it in the vitals. Good job! It drifted 75" more than the 180 eldm. 😂

Did you even bother to observe the chart that I posted……or did it disagree with your view of how you want things to be? memtb

Interesting. Are you flavoring the meat or does it serve some other purpose? I'm not sure if I mentioned this but by putting block ice on the bottom, it keeps the meat out of the melted ice at the bottom. Then I drain daily. So the plan is to never have the meat in slushy water if possible.
I have a friend in NC that does it for a week. He then cubes the meat & cans it. Marinating the meat.

B768E686-AC63-439E-97E8-65F359AF3F90.jpeg

Other than SMK's in my 338 LP, all my other calibers, i use Hammer bullets…they just work!!

I wanted hammers to work I'm a rifle in the worst way. Then I shot them in real wind... Great 300 an in bullet from what I can see. At 600/700 it was like shooting a .308 vs a 6 dasher. Compared to other higher bc options.