Sweet!

grit

Now we're talkin'! I'll have to post some threads here! Great new section Len!

Yes, This is what we asked for and I look forward to posting some stuff too. With the growing sport of long range shooting and hunting I feel we need to define the differences between a shot at 700 or 800 and one at 1500 or 2000 yards. There are some thngs that will work for both, but many things are very different. Simply put, " One size" does not fit all.

Jeff

I don't think I will be ready for a while realistically speaking ... still ironing out my LR skills and rigs and still too much to learn but I'm definitely glad it is available (at least for me) to drool on. :D:rolleyes::):cool:

What's the definition of extreme range? 1,200 yards and over?

Of course it's different for everyone, but that's my opinion. :cool:

I won't be posting in this section for quite a while though, as I have yet to break 1k.

Please set the range parameters for medium, long, and extreme. I'd hate to let one walk to close! :D

I too hope to learn here. I've finally got my first semi custom rig being built. By the time I get to shooting it to its/my potential, ill be having an ELR rig built. That ones gonna take some learnin on my part to shoot well. (I may even shoot Bergers if I'm gonna shoot that far....:D)
I remember the thread that Broz posted a while back, & I completely agree with many posts in that thread, about needing some sort of parameters.
Obviously I'm not this caliber of shooter yet, but id still like to be able to post questions etc. here when they are "range appropriate".
Hey Broz, I'm still for nominating you as the ELR Mod if your still interested, if folks are still of the opinion that a dedicated Mod for this section is a good idea.
Seems to be an awfull lot of "armchair quarterbacks" posting in recent months, & a lot of b.s. to sort thru. Id really like to see this section stay more "pure", if for no other reason than respecting those of you who can & can teach those of us who are working up to it, without wading neck deep thru internet ninjas, & the like.

Anyway,
Thanks Len, & Mods for this new section! I can't wait to start learnin'.gun)

Last edited:
"Seems to be an awfull lot of "armchair quarterbacks" posting in recent months, & a lot of b.s. to sort thru. Id really like to see this section stay more "pure", if for no other reason than respecting those of you who can & can teach those of us who are working up to it, without wading neck deep thru internet ninjas, & the like."

couldn't have said it better myself

This will be my last post on this thread (unless it's a question) as it's way out of my league. I will be following intently hoping to learn stuff useful. Thanks for the thread Len!

"Seems to be an awfull lot of "armchair quarterbacks" posting in recent months, & a lot of b.s. to sort thru. Id really like to see this section stay more "pure", if for no other reason than respecting those of you who can & can teach those of us who are working up to it, without wading neck deep thru internet ninjas, & the like."

couldn't have said it better myself

+100

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.