Sweet!

And what individual here can keep every FIRST SHOT inside a 12"x12" target at 1500 to 2000 yards in varying conditions??

Was this a requirement? I did not see it in the job description or application to participate in this particular segment of the shooting sports. LOL

You might be on to something there lol. Maybe there should be a set standerd of accuracy you must consistently stay within when shooting over 1000 yards before you can offer your input on things in this section.

You might be on to something there lol. Maybe there should be a set standerd of accuracy you must consistently stay within when shooting over 1000 yards before you can offer your input on things in this section.

Maybe, but an arbitrary 1000 yd minimum is a good start. What I do know is there's nothing like taking that shot and waiting six seconds before you see the puff of dirt on the side of the mountain; or trying to shoot a target that's way beyond your rangefinder and having to resort to maps to figure out the distance. All fun!!

Jay

Sharps man, the answer is nobody. Not until there are guided projectiles. Even a guided system probably would not be that accurate EVERY time.

Broz, once I get my reloadin stuff up and goin and get a few things sorted out, I'm loadin up and headin northwest for some expert fine tuning!

Augustus,

Are you and Joe still shooting together? Last time I talked with Joe, he told me you guys were getting some cold bore hits at 2,750 yards with your 375's.

Well, I love long range shooting but I personally like to get close if I'm going to kill something. This is a long-range hunting site so I suspect u is a gonna stir up a passle of poop if you continue down the projected path.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.