Swarovski EL 42

Wisner74

I asked for the Swarovski EL 10x42 binoculars for my birthday and this is what my wife is buying me. Don't know much about them except they are expensive. Are they worth it? Or should I be looking for something else?

Don't have the 10's but do the 8.5's and they are fantastic. I went back and forth between the Leica's and Swaro's and ended up getting the 8.5-42 Swaro EL.

I have heard really good things about the Vortex bino's and I just ordered the 15-56 Vortex Kaibab. They will be here Saturday so I'll report something back this weekend.

Doug at Camera Land felt pretty strongly that I would be happy and I know I'm VERY happy with the price as compared to the Swaro 15-56.

Also, don't forget to mention LRH when you buy from Camera Land. Being a LRH member will get you a pretty good discount.

I own the 10X42 EL, and they are without a doubt the finest binos I have every owned. They are crystal clear and worth every penny.

I concur — the Swarovski EL 10x 42 binoculars are phenomenal. I would never go back to lesser binoculars.

There in a down side though: After having these I want a pair of Swarovski 15x56s!

Out of all the equipment I take hunting my swarovski binoculars are the most important. I have tried lesser glass out in the field in an attempt to save money but I found when it comes to good glass you get what you pay for.

As you can see from the replies, "customer satisfaction" with Swarovski EL 10x42 binoculars is about as high as it is with ANY product. They are as close to perfect as I've seen. You will love them.

I do suggest you get a shoulder harness for carrying them as they are heavier than some of the cheaper binoculars. Neck-straps on binoculars are OK at a football game but they are not OK for a mountain hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.