Swaro vs Huskemaw

Not really...
The Husky isn't bad at all. In fact, it's a good hunting scope.
Turrets work similar to Leupold CDS.
If you pick up a slightly used one or discounted new one... you wouldn't have as much invested and you may like it.
The tall turrets is the only negative issue, but not a total deal breaker to me.

Naturally, each will have his own opinion of optics within a price point for intended use.

Best of Luck!!

Guys I am getting closer to getting a rifle ordered. The funds are stacking up! So I am looking at optics. I have owned a few Zeiss scopes and love them but this time I am thinking something different. I have been looking at a Swaro Z5 and a Huskemaw blue Diamond. I figure both are great optics and comparable in price. Which one would you choose and why?

The rifle will be a mid weight hunting rig. I haven't decided in chambering yet but something close to 6.5 PRC or 6.5-284.
We've tried to Swaroski scopes on our school guns. We end up with tracking failures. All though the glass is great. in my opinion take a look at the nightforce nx8 over those two. I haven't touched a huskemaw in seven years so I don't know I'm them.

Run them both and prefer Swaro over Huskemaw in almost every category. If you are going to spend that kind of money, get a Kahles instead. In 1974 and then again in 2017, Kahles became a part of swaro so you are getting the best glass with IME the function of nightforce all in one scope

Run them both and prefer Swaro over Huskemaw in almost every category. If you are going to spend that kind of money, get a Kahles instead. In 1974 and then again in 2017, Kahles became a part of swaro so you are getting the best glass with IME the function of nightforce all in one scope
Kahles is great...BUT, a whole different price point!

Just like James @Barbourcreek said... NX8 if you'd want to stay close in price!

Either of those scopes will work fine shined up in your gun safe.
I hunt, reload, and shoot over a thousand rounds a year at 1000 yards with an assortment of lapua, lapua ai, and 338-378 with 300 gr bullets. I would't think of using either of those on my rifles. NX8 4-32 to keep the weight down or if you bump up another 6 to 10 oz there are lots of options.

Kahles is great...BUT, a whole different price point!

Just like James @Barbourcreek said... NX8 if you'd want to stay close in price!
True - guess I go with get the best possible glass you can and never look back. Run the NX8 and at higher power it loses clarity due to Raleighs constant - so anything higher then 24 X or so with a 50mm obj and a 30mm tube is going to do that.

Totally get the budget thing though. A guy can only do what they are comfortable with, just added my 2 cents

While my LR scopes have evolved to higher end optics, I started my serious LR hunting using two 5x20x50 Huskemaw scopesā€¦.For about 8 years with excellent results on over 50 head of game to 1200 yards. IMO optical quality, turret performance, and reliability was on par with my Nightforce NXS scopes with an added advantage of more compact size and lighter weight. I found no disadvantage to the 1/3 MOA click values, using the MOA graduated turrets available from Huskemaw or Turret Tapes set up for MOA and yardage. I have no experience with the Swaro scopes