Sightron vs Bushnell vs Huskemaw vs Vortex

Iron Worker

Going to mount an offensive against Prairie Dogs in Montana this June. How do these 5 scopes compare
Sightron vs Bushnell vs Huskemaw vs Vortex vs Burris for under a $1,000

You need to pay close attention to reticle thickness and design when shooting small targets like prairie dogs. The sightron has excellent reticles for precision shooting on small target.

I've been browsing scopes for quite some time now and one thing that I think kills quality scopes in comparable price ranges are the reticles. I always find myself going back to Sightron b/c the reticle is clean, clear, moa hash marks all at a great price. Everything I've seen comparable to their reticle cost a great deal more.

An example of what Im talking about is NF, their reticles are nice but 2-3x cost. Then look at the new Vortex razor LH, What is that reticle all about?? did they save $ by using half a reticle?? I don't even know where to begin w/ the huskemaw reticles all wiggly lines and diamonds. KISS, IMO a lot of good glass wasted on crap reticles. As mentioned for precision the sigthron reticle is amazing, they could stand to offer a thicker reticle for hunters.

I would get on all the manufacturer websites and compare reticles to narrow down your search. The best glass in the world means nothing when you don't like what you're looking at.

I'm quite find of the Bushnell Tactical line, but they are heavy. It's that a consideration? For me, yes. But their reticle (G2) is simply the best, most user friendly I've seen.

What would be the cats meow is a3-12/4-16/3-18 with capped turrets and that reticle. I'd suffer the weight for that scope.

I have: High end Leupods, a Nightforce, 5 or more Sightrons an Elite 4200. Got rid if Vortex and others.

S&B, Swaro, Huskemaw, Nightforce are not going to make the sub $1,000 range.

For the best bang for the buck. IIWM Sightron SIII, 8-32x56. Shoot it at 24 power.

OK. The Sightron has the best reticle and may be the winner here. However, no one has said anything about the glass. Does it have the best glass?

I would lean real heavy to the sightron sIII a lot of bang for the buck, really good glass and great reticles. if you shop around you can find great buys including ebay

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.