Sightron vs Bushnell vs Huskemaw vs Vortex

Their glass is pretty dang good. I have 5 of them.

The Sightron III glass is pretty darn good.

Compares well to the other glass I use.

SIII 10-50x60, I have 3
SIII 8-32x56, I have 1
SIII 6-24x50, I have 2

Nightforce 2.5-10x45 NSX

Leupold 6.5-20x50 MR/T
Other Leupolds Medium range to high end.

Weaver T36

OK. The Sightron has the best reticle and may be the winner here. However, no one has said anything about the glass. Does it have the best glass?

The best? NO. The best under $1k, a lot of people (most) say yes. It says a lot when you are comparing an $800 scope to a $2500 scope, just being in that arena speaks for itself.

If sightron would fix the turrets on their Big Sky line, they're all mushy, they would be on top of the hunting scope world IMO. But you can't have it all so I'll live w/ the mushy turret until they improve them and I'll send it back for an upgrade if possible. I have an S1 that has better turrets than the bigskies, thats a huge disappointment. I just hope sightron's PR reads my post.

OK, ya'll almost have me sold. Are the turrets and clicks solid? Ohiohunter got me worried when he mentioned mushy turrets. Where are they made? How about customer service and warranty?

Yes, The SIII is an amazing scope for that price. Love the MOA-2 reticle. A perfect size for long range shooting.

It is at 700 yards. You can read the mirage through the lens.

Attachments

• Sightron-reticle.jpg
    Sightron-reticle.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 114
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.