vx-6 vs G7 vs Huskemaw

Because of this comment I checked the classified ads on here.

RESALE on everything you listed will be highest in the NF, I regularly buy and sell high end optics. Most of the time on a NF if you hold it 6 mos it will be worth more than you paid.
I price checked the last 8 NF listed. All the used ones that were for sale were between $500 to $700 less then what I can buy a brand new one for.
I also checked into this comment on this forum and another forum.

The reason all of these scopes have supporter clubs is......THEY WORK.

There is plenty of threads discussing problems with and scopes that got sent back.
I did read that almost all were very happy with NF customer service.

I recently bought a brand new vx6 3-18x50 illuminated with ZL at cabelas for $950
I don't feel comparing it to a scope that is twice as much is quite fair.

If you

Rate a scope on a scale from 1-10 on glass, turrets, reticle etc. A Leupold that rates a 9 will cost $1875.
You would still be paying less than a night force.

"I also checked into this comment on this forum and another forum.

The reason all of these scopes have supporter clubs is......THEY WORK."

Well, my Bushnells work now, but the first one sure didn't. And the repair didn't. For sure my Swarovskis z5s are all gone, but they were not the newest one. My VX-6 4-24X52 did not malfunction, but was heavier than a comparable Bushnell and its magnification range was less. The Nikon is gone because it doesn't have the hydro-phobic lens and fogged when I breathed on it in the last deer season. My Weaver V24 6-24X42, which never let me down, is for sale because I have decided to go all Bushnell to take advantage of the hydro-phobic coating. The Nightforce is gone because it was too heavy. It was fantastic but heavy. The Minox was a looser because the only magnification on which it was any good was 25X and despite is 56mm objective was not as good as the Leupold 52 or Bushnell 50.

I guess I'm a supporter for hydro-phobic coating and no more than 22 ounces.

I know it's not on your list, but I really like my X5 3.5 x 18.. Great turrets, good glass, and 28 oz in the non illuminated recticle.

Good choice. Gunwerks chose the right features with the G7. I really like the reticle, and turret layout.
Yep. Kinda what it boiled down to. Good features all the way around, correct power range for my application, the best reticle, capped windage, a proven zero stop, with internals that should never wear out or fail. A scope one can put trust in. Just hope the extra bulk and heft is worth the trade off. As long as my gun stays around the 10# mark I'll be ok with it.
Shoot I just weighed my 264 with a 27 1/2" heavy sporter douglas, HS stock, NF rail and rings, and 3-18x50 vx6 and its 10.2#. I don't mind packing that long sucker. (I was thinking it was going to be lighter than that)

Yep. Kinda what it boiled down to. Good features all the way around, correct power range for my application, the best reticle, capped windage, a proven zero stop, with internals that should never wear out or fail. A scope one can put trust in. Just hope the extra bulk and heft is worth the trade off. As long as my gun stays around the 10# mark I'll be ok with it.
Shoot I just weighed my 264 with a 27 1/2" heavy sporter douglas, HS stock, NF rail and rings, and 3-18x50 vx6 and its 10.2#. I don't mind packing that long sucker. (I was thinking it was going to be lighter than that)
For me that's a lightweight rig. My mobile hunting blind or TRUCK as some like to call them has no problem hauling a 10lb gun around.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.