Nxs vs mark5hd vs huskemaw

nal3470

In process of building a 6.5prc carry and lr rig got places I can shoot as far as I could ever want cant decide which scope all experiences much appreciated

In process of building a 6.5prc carry and lr rig got places I can shoot as far as I could ever want cant decide which scope all experiences much appreciated
I have the Huskemaw blue diamond 5x20. It's smaller and lighter than some with great glass. Good positive turret and stop. Leupold has come a long way in the LR market. They're smaller size than others too. I like their reticle options. NXS scopes are also really good but sooo large and heavy if you're thinking of walking a ways

I own a Huskemaw 4-16 and have a Mark 5 on order to replace it The Huskemaw has served me well but the image quality in low light (when it counts the most) lacks something to be desired. The Mark 5 is on a whole different level over the Huskemaw as far as optical quality, locking turrets, and magnification range. If you're willing to fork out the extra cash I would highly recommend the Mk 5 or the NXS.

Mark 5 is more comparable to an ATACR, Gen II razor, XRS II/DMR II pro, Athlon Cronus. Of those choices it's an easy choice if you're willing to spend the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.