huskemaw vs leupold cds

You will be surprised how minimal of the Point of Impact reality is. Sure, if you run numbers from sea level and 100 degrees compared to 10000' and 15 degrees there will be a noticeable difference. Reality is few if any hunt more than 3000' feet change in a day. Run the numbers in the middle of what elevation you will actually hunt with an average temperature. The difference is minimal and few can shoot that accurately at distance.
I have a rangefinder that does it for me. The point was that saying they are a worthless waste of money is a pretty ridiculous point of view

I've not seen the same quality in the Huskemaw glass that others have stated. I think it's a cut below the others. The Swarovski and the Leupold VX-6HD has much better glass in my opinion. Line all three up and see for yourself.

I've not seen the same quality in the Huskemaw glass that others have stated. I think it's a cut below the others. The Swarovski and the Leupold VX-6HD has much better glass in my opinion. Line all three up and see for yourself.
I have been told read many times the VX5 has the same glass. I have a 5 3-15x44, and a 6 3-18x50. Not spending the extra coin for some bling bling on the 6 again.

Do you make a drop chart every time you have a significant change in elevation and conditions too?
I know you weren't asking me, but yes. Yes I do. Easy to do with ExCel, every 1000' of density altitude.

I carry the Kestrel and check the D/A every now and then, but after you do it for a while, you get a feel for it. Also have a chart to estimate D/A based on known elevation and temp.

Attachments

• 20231228_095544.jpg
    20231228_095544.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 15
Heres my drop chart
I have a similar device and enjoy it. I also keep a dope system for each rifle/ load that doesn't require batteries.

Perhaps its a bit of a holdover from back when I was first competing in LR matches and electronic doodads weren't allowed.

I had a vx6 and the dial was not near as good as the 3-12 or 4-16 huskemaws, both i have for sale. The glass on the husky's are perfectly good for my eyes to shoot anything 1/2 hour after sunset. Are they absolute top quality glass in the world? no. Good enough? yes. (imo). I'm selling all scopes over 10x that are sfp and switching to ffp. Otherwise i'd never part with my huskys.

buy one of the husky's :) and get a dial sticker made that way you don't have to swap turrets and its cheaper if you want visuals on the dial. otherwise just have a sticker on the stock and dial that way like has been said, that's what i do.

I had a vx6 and the dial was not near as good as the 3-12 or 4-16 huskemaws, both i have for sale. The glass on the husky's are perfectly good for my eyes to shoot anything 1/2 hour after sunset. Are they absolute top quality glass in the world? no. Good enough? yes. (imo). I'm selling all scopes over 10x that are sfp and switching to ffp. Otherwise i'd never part with my huskys.

buy one of the husky's :) and get a dial sticker made that way you don't have to swap turrets and its cheaper if you want visuals on the dial. otherwise just have a sticker on the stock and dial that way like has been said, that's what i do.

I take an ultra fine point silver paint marker and mark my turret "2,3,4,5," etc. If I change ammo, just wipe it clean with Hoppes #9 then alcohol, and do over. That way I can still use the marks on the dial, too.