Leupold mark 4 vs huskemaw

As Len stated, pg. 3 #18, and as by now you know is publisher of this site. You generalized 4000 feet, as basically being the same. Which it is not, for example, and this is taken from JBL ballistics, for a 308 nab, BC .507. Which I think we could say is used for long range, my high school buddy shot national champ and won at 15 , 1000 yrds with this , for age group.4000 ft.=345 in drop with 200 yrd zero, 8000 ft=314 in drop with 200 yrd zero. Difference 31'', means miss, 1/2 the difference, general for 6000 still 15", hold in center of deer, still equals miss. This is with nothing said regarding the angle of the shot.Not trying to pick on bdc dial system, I have several, just trying to be accurate.

I finally got that chance to look through their scope and talk to the guys at Best of West and he siad that their scope is only couple points down on clarity than Night Force and tube is a little bit thinner for weight, which he said most people can not tell the difference in glass. That keeps price down too he said. I did not get to take it outside put seems like a nice scope for the hunting man. I am a Lupe and nightforce guy each has its place. I will agree each persons eye and most of all the features is what sells the scope.
Question does anybody build the perfect scope for man to use, no we will always pick apart something on it, is this not the american way of life.

sp6X6 I would have to agree with you a bullet that only has a BC of .507 would probably not be good choice for a Bullet Compensating Turrent system if you are trying to get 1000 yds. Their is no one size fits all. At the range or match having a pocket full of charts might be OK, in a hunting situation for me it would not be practical. That is why everyone has to weigh out what works for them and make their own choice. It is no different than Ford, Chevy, Dodge which is better? Get out the popcorn and drinks that is a debate that will never end. Oh by the way congratulations to your high school buddy, not sure if the reference to someone elses accomplishment is supposed to somehow elevate the validity of your expertise or not but oh well good for him.

Team Roper, A BC of .507 isnt that bad and isnt even attainable in smaller calibers for which alot of people are shooting, such as 257 weatherby for example. By the way I have many accoplishments for shooting, both archery, rifle, pistol,ski racing and a house full of P&Y, and a few B&C, 2 OF which I arrowed

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.