Suppressors and 26" barrels?

I'm running a Griffin Arm. Sportsman 300 which is right at 8" on my 26" .300 WM. Maybe not ideal but very doable. To me the weight on the nose would be more of a concern that the extra length. Your mileage may vary.

I run a 9" can direct thread on 26" prc and a 7mag. It's long but I hunt mostly open western area. Ive got an 18" barrel .308 I pack if I'm going into timber

I have a 26" (happens to be a Browning X-bolt as well) and I use a 6" suppressor. I'll admit it's a bit of a flagpole in the field, bit it's manageable. I've killed 3 cow elk and a handful of elk with it suppressed.

Direct thread and I leave it on the rifle the entire time I'm hunting. I don't carry it over my shoulder bit I carry it in a kifaru "gun bearer" attached to my pack. So the rifle sits a bit lower than over your shoulder and the muzzle and suppressor are out in front. So it's easier managing branches etc but it does get in your line of sight a bit.

When I carry my 18" AR with 6" suppressor it's a lot more out of the way as you'd expect. If I could snap my fingers and make it a 23" barrel, I'd do it. But 26 is manageable if a bit less than ideal. Hope that helps.

I dont think i would want to hunt with a 26 barrel and suppressor attached, for target shooting no problem. Mine are anywhere from 16 to 22. Ideally 18 to 20 inches seems to be a good barrel length to run a suppressor on.
Yeah that my problem, its just obnoxiously long to hunt with, its a 7" ti-thunderbeast with the QD. I can probably get use to it. Shoots great with it. But my 24" CA seemed long at first but now seems short compared to the 26". I think once I take it out a few times it will be fine. Being titanium weight isnt much 7oz i think.

84ADA72C-5B5C-4AE5-9A9F-4E4E9EB96A09.jpeg
572A2E7A-F354-4D83-91F0-73FDE18516A9.jpeg
2B214046-D4B2-47A1-A86A-C434752B3385.jpeg

Not a 26" but a 28" barrel with a YHM 7.5" suppressor. I use a QD Mount, and leave the can off while hunting in timber, and re-attach when I get to my "glassing/shooting" position. I have about 3" POI shift, UP but I have a system that works pretty well to account for that. I added a folding adapter this year and it helps with the length.