Suppressor that don’t break ya

I'm all in on Thunderbeast at this point. They are repeatable, suppress excellent, and support the shooting community. I see 50% and 100% off coupons all the time. They also have no issue acknowledging a competitors can meters a little quieter because they know that's not the only thing that matters. I've seen many Pew Science references which are helpful, but some guys are picking the next can because it meters 0.5dB quieter rather than picking the one that fits the application (unless the application is strictly the quietest can). In my opinion, the Thunderbeast Dominus (suppresses between the Ultra 7 and Ultra 9) and Ultra 338 Gen 2 make the perfect pair for most shooting scenarios. The Dominus suppresses awesome but is short and light for hunting and any general shooting. The Ultra 338 Gen 2 is up there with one of the quietest cans on the market if that's what you're into as well.

So one Evo, not 4. That makes more sense given it's a very new product and 4 failures of a can that's barely been out would be a significant issue if substantiated.

I have both harvester cans, had the original now for many years and just received the evo maybe 2 months ago. Obviously no issues with either one, i would like to know what caliber and barrel length it was on? I believe the evo is only rated up to 300 wm. For how small the evo is i feel it suppresses the sound very well. I will say the welds on it are not the prettiest, nomads are muchs nicer...

I have both harvester cans, had the original now for many years and just received the evo maybe 2 months ago. Obviously no issues with either one, i would like to know what caliber and barrel length it was on? I believe the evo is only rated up to 300 wm. For how small the evo is i feel it suppresses the sound very well. I will say the welds on it are not the prettiest, nomads are muchs nicer...
It says in the post operated within barrel and pressure specs. Highly doubt the small percentage of people who have calibers with higher pressures than a 300 wm are running it through a harvester. At that point they would know better options exist.

It's just something to keep an eye on for safety reasons.

Highly doubt the small percentage of people who have calibers with higher pressures than a 300 wm are running it through a harvester.
It's not always cartridge selection, barrel length is arguably a more important factor in the resulting muzzle pressure the can has to contain. In 5.56 muzzle pressure increases almost three times more decreasing from a 12" to 10" barrel than from a 24" to 22" barrel.

I'm not doubting what the post says, one case of destruction is believable based on the release date of the Evo. But all it would take is someone putting the can on a 16" AR-10 barrel instead of a 20"+ barrel and even in "mild" cartridges like 6.5 CM or 308 Win the can could get damaged. Or borderline welds over-stressed.

It's not always cartridge selection, barrel length is arguably a more important factor in the resulting muzzle pressure the can has to contain. In 5.56 muzzle pressure increases almost three times more decreasing from a 12" to 10" barrel than from a 24" to 22" barrel.

I'm not doubting what the post says, one case of destruction is believable based on the release date of the Evo. But all it would take is someone putting the can on a 16" AR-10 barrel instead of a 20"+ barrel and even in "mild" cartridges like 6.5 CM or 308 Win the can could get damaged. Or borderline welds over-stressed.
I mean I'd at least read the manual before saying how those items listed (that the can is rated for) is going to stress the welds. It's confusing as to why you typed it at all, unless it's to just say the same thing I said above "keep an eye on it for safety reasons".

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220729-110806_Drive.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220729-110806_Drive.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 11
Because your statement was incorrect:
Highly doubt the small percentage of people who have calibers with higher pressures than a 300 wm are running it through a harvester
Your entire logic behind the 300 Win Mag being "higher pressure" is spurious because at the end of the day muzzle pressure is what matters, and muzzle pressure is a result of propellant mass and bore volume. It's very easy to get higher muzzle pressures than a 300 Win Mag. Even the tiny 223 Rem can best it easily in many very commonly owned rifles. The mass of the propellant ejecta matters, but so does the volume of the bore itself, which is described as the length of the bore.

To your point about listing the manufacture specs, I'd turn your attention to your own source material that cited poor welds as the root cause, and my own statement of "borderline welds over-stressed". A common 16" 308 WIN AR-10 that is exactly at the rated length could easily overstress a borderline weld whereas a common 26" Win Mag would have a muzzle pressure that's barely a third of the ARs pressure and would never have a problem even with a bad weld.

Basically a 16" barrel length on a cartridge similar to a 308 WIN (meaning common 16" AR-10 chamberings like 6.5/6 CM and 243 Win) is a hot rod and is harder on suppressors than larger magnum cartridges simply due to barrel length.

So one Evo, not 4. That makes more sense given it's a very new product and 4 failures of a can that's barely been out would be a significant issue if substantiated.
That is still 6 different SCos mentioned that have come apart just in the poster's customer base. Doesn't give me any warm and fuzzy feelings.