Suppressor that don’t break ya

You don't mention caliber, and "break the bank" means very different things to different people.. I don't have enough breadth of experience with them to make a recommendation, but I can tell you that's it's the same $200 stamp and 10-12 month wait whether it's an experimental homemade one made from a "fuel filter" or a top line brand name, so it's not an area where skimping is wise. Try silercertalk.com forum for more specialized advice or try silencershop.com to see which nearby dealer has one of their kiosks. AFAIK, anything less than about $700 isn't likely to be satisfactory. Dead Air, Energetic Armament, ThunderBeast, YHM, and SilencerCo are some top current names. I've had a GemTech Outback-II on a .22 pistol since the 90s and no issues with it.

Silencer Central!! You can spread out the $$ over 4 payments while you wait for your approval, electronic form submission has just restarted, and the wait is supposed to be dramatically reduced. They will handle the trust paperwork for you, and it is very simple. They are titanium and excellent quality and their staff very helpful. If you are married you have been missing your down payment anyway 😁 Just get the program on the road, you will think why you did not get one earlier!

If you want a lightweight hunting can, you're talking Titanium construction. It simply won't be inexpensive. And like the others said not sure what your target budget is.

One way they make them lightweight is to weld the baffles to one another, then the OD of the baffles becomes the OD of the can and you don't have a tube. This adds labor and operations which translates to cost.

Go direct thread and you'll save a bit on the adaptors (especially if you're using it on multiple guns). At $100 or so a pop they add up.

Hardly anyone owns enough of them to give you advice based on true side by side comparisons. I did meet a guy once that had over 60 tax stamps though!

And like people say, it's sort of a lifetime buy so take your time/do your homework and get what will really work for you.

I was going to say google is your friend but they will just confuse you more!
Top units right now = Banish and Thunderbeast are light and suppress well but are over a grand said and done. To me for hunting its worth the weight savings to help the balance.

Definitely look at Rex Silentium. LOVE my MG7, and compared to other brands they are very affordable. Amazing mil/leo discount if that applies as well.

Attachments

• 20200812_122032.jpg
    20200812_122032.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Honestly they are probably the best value of any suppressor right now. In the last year I've seen them really become more popular, and never heard a single bad word about them.

The DIY kits are legit if you pay the $200 bucks, file a Form 1, and do all the Mickey Mouse about it. Some are even titanium and less than a pound for 30 cal.

That said SilencerCo makes good cans and you could catch Omega 300s on sale occasionally for approx $1k after stamp.

Surefire SOCOM 762 RC . Amazingly quiet with consistent & predictable accuracy

Attachments

• Finished_rifle__20160214_153344_595443330123167.jpg
    Finished_rifle__20160214_153344_595443330123167.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 46
  • download_20211226_070646.jpg
    download_20211226_070646.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43