suppressor recoil

In my 7RUM(and most others) I can easily spot my shots with lighter bullets but it's more difficult with 180's and up, also much easier to spot them if the scope isn't dialed up too far regardless of brake/can.

Yeah, my friends over there not knowing the complexity of the suppressor laws and gun laws here assumed it would be ok. Kept saying stuff like, "Do you want to take this one back with you?" The looks on their faces when I respond with, "That's a very generous offer but there's no way to bring it back. They're heavily regulated in the USA. In most states it's just as much of a pain as buying a machine gun. In my state, it's about the highest level firearm crime you can commit. Possession could get me prison for a number of years." The look of utter stupefaction they grow tells us a lot about NFA gun laws.

Just to clarify wildrose. I always use hearing protection except when hunting. If I was to run a brake on my hunting rifle I would use hearing protection when hunting. Problem is I still find myself sliding through the timber and up close and personal where sometimes you don't have time to put it on. So I don't run brakes while hunting hence the suppressors.

Just to clarify wildrose. I always use hearing protection except when hunting. If I was to run a brake on my hunting rifle I would use hearing protection when hunting. Problem is I still find myself sliding through the timber and up close and personal where sometimes you don't have time to put it on. So I don't run brakes while hunting hence the suppressors.
Here is a great selection of electronic muffs. Wish I had started wearing them to hunt 30 years ago. I put them on as soon as I get out of the truck. No hat or hood obstruction my peripheral vision and I can hear much better while in the woods. No longer have bright red ears from the cold anymore
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...hvtargid=kwd-432261062&ref=pd_sl_198jjvopzr_e

I hear you. No pun intended. I am a firearms instructor for a very popular school and I wear hearing protection upwards of 10 hours a day and last thing I want to do is put them back on again. My head gets tired of them. Trust me I have tried almost every kind out there and have worn them out or ruined them in one form or another.

I hear you. No pun intended. I am a firearms instructor for a very popular school and I wear hearing protection upwards of 10 hours a day and last thing I want to do is put them back on again. My head gets tired of them. Trust me I have tried almost every kind out there and have worn them out or ruined them in one form or another.
I instruct as well. I can understand what your saying. For me it wasn't the hearing protection near as much as I could hear that buck get up or stomp before blowing out in front of me. Then the vision without having frozen ears. My state doesn't allow suppressors at all. I wish I had that option though

I hear you and agree. That is why my wife and I less than a year ago left the left coast and moved to a better state. I am willing to give my tax money to folks who think a little more like we do. We left very good paying jobs cause it was time. Things are getting a little crazy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.