Strelok Pro - Ballistics App

trout004

Hello LR friends. I have known for a while that the Strelok Pro app was invented by a Russian - last name Igor Borisov. Does anyone have any info about whether or not it is still "safe" to use this app?

I have found it to be an incredible resource, but I am thinking of making the switch to another program for multiple reasons in the very near future. What other ballistics phone-based ballistic apps do you think is the best for LR hunting and shooting? I'm looking for one that is comparable or better than Strelok Pro. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4283E412-A0F1-42D4-88C0-BD797FAF4864.png
    4283E412-A0F1-42D4-88C0-BD797FAF4864.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 6D49BFD2-6A15-4EBA-9A0B-899D44F48059.png
    6D49BFD2-6A15-4EBA-9A0B-899D44F48059.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 137
I have it on my phone but have not used it since downloading Hornady's 4DOF. 4DOF for Hornady's bullets uses tested radar for BC's. For all other bullets it has standard BC calculator that works very well.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I'll have to check out some of the other apps. For now, I turned the updates and location off and the app is still 100% usable for my purposes. For what it's worth, I had a problem with the app one time, and actually emailed Igor himself. He emailed me back with an answer just a few minutes later. It is crazy how small our world has become...

As far as safety I really do not know. I have read plenty of folk have liked strelok and your email response was fast. Honestly I had the same concerns and have decided to use shooter app. But I haven't heard of one safety/ security concern about strelok.

If you want to get serious and use the modern range findera,kestrel, etc.. AB is the way to go with the CDM drag models.

True it up and off to the races. I'm sure there is, I haven't looked, but a whole new thread should be created on truing your data to Range finders, ballistics apps, kestrel, etc...

Bottom line, the bullet doesn't lie

If you want to get serious and use the modern range findera,kestrel, etc.. AB is the way to go with the CDM drag models.

True it up and off to the races. I'm sure there is, I haven't looked, but a whole new thread should be created on truing your data to Range finders, ballistics apps, kestrel, etc...

Bottom line, the bullet doesn't lie
Thanks, waveslayer. Strelok has a nice truing feature that has worked well for me in the past, but I'm going to have to check out AB!

Thanks, waveslayer. Strelok has a nice truing feature that has worked well for me in the past, but I'm going to have to check out AB!
Worth the money. PM for help and I can call. Remember garbage in garbage out.

When truing you true velocity out to 600 yards to get it lined up. After 600 go to 800 plus and true BC. Don't true BC before.
And yes you may have a labradar but you need to TRUE the data. Bullets don't lie. The journey is fun a s can be frustrating

You may need to even build 2 profiles for the same gun and load out past 1200 to 1400 and ELR