Strelok Pro - Ballistics App

I use ISnipe a lot but they are about 8 years behind on bullet selection updates.
I have StrelokPro and when I cross reference it to ISnipe I get a difference between the two.
I snipe has never failed me out to 1580 yards
But I just know my bullet specifics and enter them myself and it's been bang on.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I'll have to check out some of the other apps. For now, I turned the updates and location off and the app is still 100% usable for my purposes. For what it's worth, I had a problem with the app one time, and actually emailed Igor himself. He emailed me back with an answer just a few minutes later. It is crazy how small our world has become...
I also received an email from him very quickly after asking a question when I first downloaded the app.

I love strelok and think it's light years better than others. I can't figure out how to make the other programs like AB work. It's all totally user error, I know, but my brain can work strelok.
I agree. I have used it for quite a few years now. I can navigate through everything quickly and store everything on my phone. It works great for long range hunting and shooting. I don't do any competitive shooting. Can go from sight in at 200-300 yards and then straight to ~700-800 yards, then to the truing, and you are ready to shoot out to 1200 or more.

With that said, I a have become increasingly weary about using software, apps, or anything from countries that seem to have a history of hacking.

I agree. I have used it for quite a few years now. I can navigate through everything quickly and store everything on my phone. It works great for long range hunting and shooting. I don't do any competitive shooting. Can go from sight in at 200-300 yards and then straight to ~700-800 yards, then to the truing, and you are ready to shoot out to 1200 or more.

With that said, I a have become increasingly weary about using software, apps, or anything from countries that seem to have a history of hacking.
Just because his name is Slavic in nature does not mean he is actually "Russian". I was a Russian translator for the Army back in the 80s and I have lots of friends who have Russian names (and parents) but who were born in the USA. The app author might fall into this category so we cannot assume anything other than he has an interest in ballistics.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

@ WilBloodworth and 257Tony

Just because his name is Slavic in nature does not mean he is actually "Russian". I was a Russian translator for the Army back in the 80s and I have lots of friends who have Russian names (and parents) but who were born in the USA. The app author might fall into this category so we cannot assume anything other than he has an interest in ballistics.
I agree with your statement 100%. Thanks for the input.

If anyone needs help on AB just PM me. It's easy to use once walked through. Now Gensis and Cold Bore I'm still trying to figure those out. Too bad the Gensis guy (can't disclose) and is awaiting trial. He deserves the book thrown at him! I digressed

Hello LR friends. I have known for a while that the Strelok Pro app was invented by a Russian - last name Igor Borisov. Does anyone have any info about whether or not it is still "safe" to use this app?

I have found it to be an incredible resource, but I am thinking of making the switch to another program for multiple reasons in the very near future. What other ballistics phone-based ballistic apps do you think is the best for LR hunting and shooting? I'm looking for one that is comparable or better than Strelok Pro. Thanks!
Paranoia being the first reason? Actually...Igor has been working on it for years, making remarkable changes and in the next 5 years he will have it perfected....so when Russia is ready to invade U.S.A. everyone using his program .....their guns are going to shoot 11 ft. Low at 100 yrds and be totally un- noticed!

Hello LR friends. I have known for a while that the Strelok Pro app was invented by a Russian - last name Igor Borisov. Does anyone have any info about whether or not it is still "safe" to use this app?

I have found it to be an incredible resource, but I am thinking of making the switch to another program for multiple reasons in the very near future. What other ballistics phone-based ballistic apps do you think is the best for LR hunting and shooting? I'm looking for one that is comparable or better than Strelok Pro. Thanks!
Have you turned into Chicken Little? I seriously doubt Putin even knows who Igor is? Putin has much, much larger fish to fry. Maybe you should just stay home in your bed because you may trip and fall if you get out of bed.

Given the fact that Russian hacking activity is on the rise I don't think the OP's question is out of the ordinary. Heck there have been plenty of warnings out there.