Storing With Suppressor On vs Off

https://www.libertysafe.com/blogs/the-vault/how-do-gun-suppressors-work

There is nothing inside of a silencer that attracts moisture, and makes barrels rust prematurely.
Simply don't store your guns in a really humid place, or else use a product that absorbs the moisture where you store your guns, if you live somewhere very humid.
But blaming the suppressor/silencer is incorrect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica_gel

Perfect for your gun safe, closet, or wherever you store them.
Can you please tell me if you own a rifle with a suppressor?

I live in central Florida where if we 60% humidity it feels like heaven to use. I shoot my Hybrid then put it on a different gun then back and never have any issues with POI changing. I will not that I do use ASR adapters rather than spending 10 mins screwing on a direct thread. Typically my suppressor stays on a gun, most of the time and AR because the other guns won't fit in the safe with the suppressor on them and have never had an issue in my barrels or suppressor. I do have a golden rod in my safes to keep the moisture down

I'm building three hunting rifles and intend to use them all suppressed. Until I get more cans, they will all use my SilencerCo Hybrid in direct thread.

If I'm getting ready for a hunt, do I want to go out of my way to not touch the suppressor on the gun I intend to use (e.g. keeping it on during storage/transport and not swapping guns) in an effort to not mess with the POI… or is that just paranoia and they hold true taking the can on and off?
Test it and find out what it does. Every gun set up is different.

This is the instructions from a Swedish suppressor manufacturer.
Screenshot_20231120-105044_Chrome.jpg

My personal experience is that I've never had an issue losing zero when removing and replacing suppressors.

I've also never had a problem with moisture and rust when leaving a suppressor on. My storage is about 40% humidity. If you do have rust forming, I'm not convinced it's the suppressor's fault.

I have found that because some host rifles have different lengths of threads, sometimes I'll run into carbon in the threads of the suppressor mount when switching a suppressor from a host rifle with fewer threads to a rifle with more threads. A few strokes with a brush inside the threads of the mount takes care of it.

This is the instructions from a Swedish suppressor manufacturer. View attachment 512278
My silencerco hybrid is a sealed suppressor, it is not designed to disassemble. In the manual for maintenance it says I can run a brush with solvent to do light cleaning. I don't clean my guns Everytime either especially my Ar's so everything as far as ammonia, gunpowder, and water or condensation build up the actions where I don't have any rust or putting either. Now I don't recommend leaving a gun on the porch in Florida the humidity will rust it in 30 mins or a python will steal it, but to store it will a suppressor on it I haven't seen anything harmful

Can you please tell me if you own a rifle with a suppressor?

Do you believe that a silencer is filled with some special chemical that makes it work? And this special chemical attracts water?
A silencer doesn't use anything in it that makes water drawn to it.
While in Vegas I was shooting a silencer equipped rifle, and it is the simplest thing in the world. No wizardry, no chemicals, nothing like that at all. Actually the only thing that surprises me is why people don't make their own. Some basic fabrication skills, a few tools, and go for it. I was amazed at how simplistic they are, not how complex.

Interesting read on storing suppressors. I use a direct thread Ultra 7 and remove it after a shoot or a hunt. It's too long to fit in my rifle case is the only reason I remove it. I've never experienced POI shift after threading on suppressor once it has been zeroed with the same suppressor. I'm also a little OCD when comes to storing rifles and reloading components. Humidity in my basement is addressed with a dehumidifier running constantly. I'm curious of the real benefits of a quick detach system as it may take 10 seconds to thread on the suppressor with DT.

Interesting read on storing suppressors. I use a direct thread Ultra 7 and remove it after a shoot or a hunt. It's too long to fit in my rifle case is the only reason I remove it. I've never experienced POI shift after threading on suppressor once it has been zeroed with the same suppressor. I'm also a little OCD when comes to storing rifles and reloading components. Humidity in my basement is addressed with a dehumidifier running constantly. I'm curious of the real benefits of a quick detach system as it may take 10 seconds to thread on the suppressor with DT.
My omega 300 came with all the quick detach and brake pieces but I don't use any of them. I want it the shortest and lightest it can possibly be so it direct threads with a flat front cap.