Speed change with suppressor .

LouisianaHunter

Just got my first suppressor out of jail. Nomad LT. Love it so far . Cut my barrel from 24" down to 20" so I thought I would shoot it over the chronograph to see what I lost.
Shot it without the suppressor after it was cut off . Then another day after I sprang the can I shot it with the suppressor. Readings with the can were 50+ FPS faster.

The factory rounds were out of the same box. The chronograph was a Caldwell with screens. Could my chronograph set up on different days make a difference or could the readings be right. Just three rounds each way . The three shot groups read within 10-15 fps apart so I felt pretty good about them .

I would be very suspect of that.

I have a nomad LT and it added maybe 20fps on.

Cutting 4" should cost you close to 100fps depending on cartridge.

I used to use a Caldwell. Found it very susceptible to environmentals and lost trust in it. Bought a magnetospeed and had nothing but confidence. It confirmed my Caldwell was out to lunch on occasion. Have a garmin now and won't look back.

My suggestion is upgrade to a used V3 (need for spacers for can) for 50% off and ditch the Caldwell. Take advantage of the supply due to the garmins hitting the market.

If you can afford it skip the magneto and go straight to garmin. It's a worthy upgrade.

I would be very suspect of that.

I have a nomad LT and it added maybe 20fps on.

Cutting 4" should cost you close to 100fps depending on cartridge.

I used to use a Caldwell. Found it very susceptible to environmentals and lost trust in it. Bought a magnetospeed and had nothing but confidence. It confirmed my Caldwell was out to lunch on occasion. Have a garmin now and won't look back.

My suggestion is upgrade to a used V3 (need for spacers for can) for 50% off and ditch the Caldwell. Take advantage of the supply due to the garmins hitting the market.

If you can afford it skip the magneto and go straight to garmin. It's a worthy upgrade.
I think I'll find a few guys who want to share a Garmin , or find a Garmin to shoot over. Mainly need the speed for the custom dial on my Leupold.Thanks for the info.