Stole This Rifle...Had To Share

went to walmart early this morning, no mark downs yet. i'll have to check again in a few days

First Post To The Forum!

I was in Wally World over the weekend and toured the gun rack, as usual. I noticed this ADL in 7mm Rem Mag with a "discount" tag on it, marked down from $379 to $299. I asked the guy behind the counter about layaway plans, then he said, "wait a minute, I think that one got marked down further." He hit it with his price gun while I waited anxiously. The price made my jaw drop! He said, "it's half price, $184." Needless to say, I whipped out the credit card, and it's now mine!
Already ordered a Boyd's At-One stock and the Athlon Ares 4.5-27 that's on sale at Midway. Looking for more suggestions from you forum guys. This will be a 300-400 yard whitetail rig. Yes, I reload.

Tony
I would look to see if the gun is on Remingtons recall list.

What's a Remington 770,,, I thought they were long off the chopping block years ago...

Isn't the new model called the 783,,, did they get the numbers mixed up or something...

Just asking since we don't have that model up here above the 49th.

So if they have it in stock at $379 or whatever and you put down 50% is there a way to know when it goes on the $184 clearance price? Then you go pick up?

Talked to one of the sporting goods people at Walmart, he said there was another mark down from the $184. He said they went down to $89. If they still had them I would have bought 10!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.