Stick Dies or not lubing properly?

One shot for me, always. Put 50 cases in a ziplock bag and a good spray of One Shot. Make bread for a minute or so, open the bag and let dry. It needs to be dry or you'll dent the shoulders of the case in a FL resize die.

Never stuck one. I use one shot in the sizer die too.

I'm anal about scratched brass (when sizing) so I take a bit of Clover fine lapping compound and 'clean up' the inside of my sizing dies ocassionally. Make her shine inside....:D

I work with custom resizing dies every day, and I strongly recommend Imperial Sizing Die Wax. The best way to "clean" your dies (with an acceptable smell) is to use automotive Brake Parts Cleaner . . . . just don't use it inside the house. Occasional cleaning is important.

Use these two products, and you should NEVER get a stuck case.

Brake cleaner is the 'rats butt' on Ruger semi auto pistols too. I've given up fiddling with the Ruger 'Jacknife' and just spray 'em down with brake cleaner. Just have to pull the grips first.

I believe some of the aersol products like 'Gun Scrubber' are relabled brake cleaner at a higher price.

First time I used One Shot, I stuck a case. Thought they had dried; have not used it since. Imperial is great, used it for years. But I have developed a liking for Hornady Unique. Its just as effectrive as Imperial, less expensive, and you get a tub that will last for years. As Larry said, always clean your dies with brake spray.

I believe the problem with one shot is a person don't use enough. It don't really say in the instructions and it's not something that you can see when applied..

I use the ziplock bag method and give the cases about a 5 second shot. Never had a stuck case over thousands of resizes.

I'm sure all the release compounds are good, it's just that the One Shot works good for me.

Of course I do tumble my brass prior to rersize so it's clean and bright.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts