RELOADED .270 STICK AND CAN NOT CLOSE BOLT SAKO RIFLE

Cept I don't FL size each time. Never had a round not chamber after reloading that I can remember.
That seems like good luck to me. And I don't doubt you either. But I agree with Richard on this one, I too have never had an issue with rechambering fired brass in the same chamber (dry firing and such) but once you resize it it's not the same anymore

Be simple enough to rechamber the fired case and then again after one sizes and neck expands. Yet another reason to throw that expander ball into a black hole and expand the neck in a separate step. Or get one of those football shaped ones like the second from the left.

zkwYVYT.jpg
Amen about the neck expanding advice! Also this may be blasphemy as RCBS is well loved and established but I found I had a lot fewer issues once I stopped using rcbs dies. And I'm a budget minded man, that means I'm running most Lee for crying out loud! But I'm having less issues so I follow the results and not the status/price tags. Only so many decapping pins I care to replace haha

Amen about the neck expanding advice! Also this may be blasphemy as RCBS is well loved and established but I found I had a lot fewer issues once I stopped using rcbs dies. And I'm a budget minded man, that means I'm running most Lee for crying out loud! But I'm having less issues so I follow the results and not the status/price tags. Only so many decapping pins I care to replace haha
Unless you're loading 1000 rounds per week I decap with a separate decapping die.

I am reloading .270 using rcbs dies , sierra 130 grain bullets , cases were checked for length RELOADED SHELLS WILL NOT FIT IN SAKO BOLT WILL NOT CLOSE. WHAT GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTIONS.AM I DOING WRONG. i have ordered new calipher and going to measure each winchester casing CAN
It's probably either of two:
1; CBTO is longer than chamber including throat
2: See is you can close bolt on just a case. Case may be expanded & you need to bump shoulder back

I think you need more shoulder bump, but I just started reloading .270 Win this year and was surprised to learn the brass stretches quite a bit. I have found I have to trim the brass to correct length after every firing.

A cartridge not wanting to chamber when loaded could be one of several things.
Size a case and try just the case with primer. If the bolt closes proper. Then load with powder and bullet and try with bullet seated, Coat bullet with magic marker to check for jamming bullet in throat.
If you used a loaded factory round to set the seating die. You may have the die turned to far into the press, Most RCBS seating dies have crimping shoulder in neck of die. If the case neck is hitting the crimping shoulder with no matching canular on the bullet, Could be the problem. If the crimping shoulder hits the case neck with no canular on bullet it will swell the case at the body shoulder junction and will cause chambering problems.
Some old Sako rifles have very tight chambers, I have a 1962 era Sako. I have never found but one sizing die that would size a cartridge fired in another to fit the chamber.
Good Luck in finding the problem and a quick cure.

I am reloading .270 using rcbs dies , sierra 130 grain bullets , cases were checked for length RELOADED SHELLS WILL NOT FIT IN SAKO BOLT WILL NOT CLOSE. WHAT GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTIONS.AM I DOING WRONG. i have ordered new calipher and going to measure each winchester casing CAN

Might not have die set correctly. Had that problem die had moved down and was bulging shoulder,but many causes

Send your rifle, brass and projectiles to my FFL that I bought for one dollar and I will be happy to till you if your doing something wrong! Will be happy to sale it back to you for about 51.00 dollars covers the cost of nicks and shipping on my end!!!!!! LOL

SAAMI - 270 Win.jpg

This thread has crept up to 6 pages. Maybe the OP can update us on what if any of the suggestions have been tried and if they helped or not or what the solution was.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.