Hard to close bolt

The COAL that I gave you from the Nosler manual #8 is the maximum SAAMI COAL. The COAL will vary from bullet weight to bullet weight. The RCBS Junior press that your grandfather gave you is a great press. As posted earlier, it would be good if you tried some factory ammunition in our rifle. This ought to give you the ability to figure out whether you have a rifle problem, or.....an ammunition problem; I'm betting on ammunition problem for now. Something else that you could try would be to resize one of your casings, do nothing else to that casing (no powder/primer/bullet, and try it into your rifle to see how it closes. I am not sure if I was clear with my earlier post to you about your seating die. Most seating dies have a "crimp" capability. It is done by screwing your seating die down until it hits the top of the casing, then the die is screwed down ever so slightly. If the die is screwed down too much and the case is crimped without a cannular groove in the bullet, the case can bulge. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks again. Yeah factory ammo loads and shoots just fine. I came across the SMK bullets and brass really cheap. I already had 243 dies (another passed down item) and large rifle primers so I figured I would make some inexpensive rounds to play with and learn. I have learned more with these 243 then all the rounds (100) I have made for my 7mm.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.