RELOADED .270 STICK AND CAN NOT CLOSE BOLT SAKO RIFLE

I am reloading .270 using rcbs dies , sierra 130 grain bullets , cases were checked for length RELOADED SHELLS WILL NOT FIT IN SAKO BOLT WILL NOT CLOSE. WHAT GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTIONS.AM I DOING WRONG. i have ordered new calipher and going to measure each winchester casing CAN
WILLR,
I post another thought early but I should have asked... are you roll crimping the case?

I understand what you are saying but i have full length sized brass on my 300 WBY and had some that wouldnt chamber when I was done that came out of the same gun. Pulled bullets and set the shoulder back a bit further then there was no issue,
Dont know why.
Did you have the seating depth too far forward.Most likely it was you did not bump the shoulder back far enough.I ran into the same problem once.It was the shoulder.The should bump just hast to be set back as little as .001 to make it close or easier to close..On bolt guns .002 is pretty much the normal shoulder bump and .004 on semi autos.
If you have time watch Erik Cortina on YouTube on Setting Up Full Length Sizing Dies and he uses a piece of Scotch Tape to illustrate this problem.You probably already knew this.Just mentioning it.I wish you Good Luck .

Ok gotcha.....??? Cuz ALL bullets are same I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ok for a rough setting, but if it doesn't chamber then you need to seat it deeper in increments. OTOH if it does chamber then you may want or need to "pull" the bullet out a bit and try to find the lands so that you have a reference point. This is best done with an unprimed spare case.

Ok for a rough setting, but if it doesn't chamber then you need to seat it deeper in increments. OTOH if it does chamber then you may want or need to "pull" the bullet out a bit and try to find the lands so that you have a reference point. This is best done with an unprimed spare case.
Yes sir, I'm aware. Failed attempt at being humorous.

Quite simple. Take a case that has been fired in your rifle and a set of calipers and your subject round. Compare all dimensions. Then taking a wood rod measure your rifle for cartridge over all length. OAL. If you don't know what that is or how to do it, use OAL length from reloading manual.
You only have two possibilities. You did not size case properly or your OAL is too long. Always size your brass before reloading.
Cheers

I would start by coloring the round with a black sharpie, try to close the bolt, then remove the round from the chamber and inspect the case to see where ink has been scuffed off, that should tell you where to start.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.