Setting up dies "properly"

shoot the brass until it gets tight to chamber . if you bump brass that is not fully expanded ,( tight to chamber ) , your over sizing the brass
In this process of achieving maximum expansion of the case, I suggest doing annealing on each roll, so you can do it more quickly. I have some old 300win Lapua cases, which demanded up to 5 shots to achieve that maximum expansion. Once done, you do the shoulder setback 2 thou, and voila. Do this test Kinekilla, and you will enter paradise.

In this process of achieving maximum expansion of the case, I suggest doing annealing on each roll, so you can do it more quickly. I have some old 300win Lapua cases, which demanded up to 5 shots to achieve that maximum expansion. Once done, you do the shoulder setback 2 thou, and voila. Do this test Kinekilla, and you will enter paradise.

Paradise? That would be nice.

I've never annealed any brass, I've read a little bit about it but will need to do some more self educating on the process.

Paradise? That would be nice.

I've never annealed any brass, I've read a little bit about it but will need to do some more self educating on the process.
Paradise=sub 1/2 moa.
300wini mentioned before. 2 thousand shoulder setback FL resizing. 220gn ELDX, Hornady brass, at 100y.
I annealing every single shot, for all my calibers.
You have made me think about the possibility of using another less expensive method to achieve the maximum expansion of the case. I use the cream of wheat method to form cases of some wildcat (Ackley) caliber. The test would have to be done if that maximum expansion is reached, with successive shots. I have not honestly done it for this purpose, but it would be a matter of proving.You save bullets and good powder.

Attachments

• 300win-target2.jpg
    300win-target2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 72
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.