special forces

Don't know if anyone has chimed in on this fact, the ol TL/DR keeps me blind to that, but lawyers prevent this from being common in mil/le rifles.
'There are rules governing everything, even bullets'

Yes, this was mentioned in every other post.

As a former LEO Swat Sniper, (ret) we used only factory, we started with Fed GM 168gr then eventually switched to Fed GM 175gr in our .308s We also used Fed GM 69gr in our .223 Rems. If we need a specialty round they were usually of Military type. In the very early days, subsonic ammo was a problem, but it was worked around, once reliable subsonic got into the market place it wasn't a problem. We also use a small amount of match .22 LR in a sub, supersonic, and tracer, tracer... not being match ammo. I will say; LEOs have much more leeway when it comes to ammunition on the job than the Military, especially so from Dept to Dept, it's what I found over 25 years. The only time I recall using any hand loads was in competition matches where there was no ammo restriction, boys will be boys, with that said... all street duty, training, and qualification ammo was factory ammo and logged into our data record books by ammo lot number along with our qualification score(s).
Cheers.

Carrying reloads on duty was never allowed during my 20 years (1983-2004) as a Wyoming LEO. My old swing shift sergeant shot and killed an armed felon with .357 reloads circa 1979. Thereafter, officers were required to purchase and carry factory ammo until the 1990's when the department issued ammunition.

Snipers on the SRT always used factory ammo.

As a former LEO Swat Sniper, (ret) we used only factory, we started with Fed GM 168gr then eventually switched to Fed GM 175gr in our .308s We also used Fed GM 69gr in our .223 Rems. If we need a specialty round they were usually of Military type. In the very early days, subsonic ammo was a problem, but it was worked around, once reliable subsonic got into the market place it wasn't a problem. We also use a small amount of match .22 LR in a sub, supersonic, and tracer, tracer... not being match ammo. I will say; LEOs have much more leeway when it comes to ammunition on the job than the Military, especially so from Dept to Dept, it's what I found over 25 years. The only time I recall using any hand loads was in competition matches where there was no ammo restriction, boys will be boys, with that said... all street duty, training, and qualification ammo was factory ammo and logged into our data record books by ammo lot number along with our qualification score(s).
Cheers.
Before IBA went out, the Col would let Abby send me a case of BHG from what they got in. Ahhhh, that was easy.

I thought most were using mk211 raufos for that platform because it was more accurate than ball and the payload it carried. I know Canada and Australians were using ammo loaded with 750 Amax in both bolt (McMillan) and semi auto 50's(Barrett).
The MK211 is our preferred ammo (at least the preferred on our options), however the only preferences the military gives you are things that should be kept to your private life. Some other countries have been doing things better/correctly in certain areas for a number of years. We are slow to adapt in said areas.

The MK211 is our preferred ammo (at least the preferred on our options), however the only preferences the military gives you are things that should be kept to your private life. Some other countries have been doing things better/correctly in certain areas for a number of years. We are slow to adapt in said areas.
You need a good 89B for ammo management 🤣 that way they order the right dodaac for you.

My daughter's age is 50 so here goes her SWAT training to best of my knowledge. Her & eleven swat snipers I believe all from WI. were sent to Marathon Co. WI. (Around 12 years ago or so they have a 300yd. range) for one week of basic sniper. Major John L. Plaster was there for the week Derrick Bartlet was the main instructor. Lori said it was a tough coarse & not everyone passed. She said she must have done very well because later on she was allowed to instruct a class in Kenosha, Wi. At some point she went back for a week of cold weather training. In 2012 Lori & her partner went to an "ASP Sniper Conference Suspect ID Drill" & won Top Sniper Team the Plaque is signed as reads John L. Plaster U.S. Army Special Forces. I am Proud of my daughter & all law enforcement & our Military. Our veterans & Major Plaster for his 3 years across the fence in SOG. Amen

They are not the only ones loading the .300 NM ammo, these things can get contracted/subcontracted out. The ones I have shot were from Black Hills.

BH or BHG was my go to for decades. Fortunately, I still have a good supply for serious work, mostly thanks to the mentioned folks.