Some trigger time at 775 and 1225

CB11WYO

Went out early on Saturday to get some practice in with the 7 Mag in preparation for hunting season (man I can't wait). Turned out to be one of the best sessions I've had with it.

First shot of the day was at 775 (the purdy lil' dent just off the orange bull). Probably the best cold bore shot I've ever pulled off, as far as hitting bullseyes at long range is concerned :D

I figured that was good so I backed on up until the Leica told me I was 1225 yds from the gong.

I cranked up the elevation and dialed 7 clicks for what felt like a 3-4 mph wind. Then I let 'er fly! Confirmed with a splat and a "ping." :) It's the impact in the top right quadrant. Sweeeet... Just for kicks I adjusted down a click and left 2 clicks and sent another one down-range. Again a splat and a "ping." :D (the impact in the lower left quadrant)

I was pretty impressed with myself, not to mention the rifle... best I've done for a while on first round hits at long range. The goal this year is to make the 1000 yd club :) got a cow elk tag and 2 speed goat tags to do it with so we'll see.

Happy shootin'!

Attachments

• 20140809_073658.jpg
    20140809_073658.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 96
Nice work. Nothing better than a 1st round hit.

I really wanna whack a goat at long range. Idaho is draw only for rifle and I didn't put in. Thinking WY or MT would be a good one for a quality goat. Happy hunting.

Rock on! That's the way to make your Wyo brethren proud! :D

I've got my 'lope tag in hand. I too will be looking for my membership into the 1000yd-kill club. Best of luck to you.

t

Mountainman.... your signature quote via is absolutely bad ***. Ronny was the man.

t

Thanks! Ronnie was one of a kind for sure! I have pages and pages of quotes I have been saving for years. I change my signature every couple weeks. Figures this was a good place to share them :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.