So excited, My new big game rifle is coming tomorrow!

matt_3479

I just bought basically a brand new Browning A-Bolt 300. wsm with only 21 rounds put through it. No nicks, no marks, no scratches, nothing. Comes with a sling and leupold scope rings. My buddy gave me a Bushnell scopechief VI 3-9X 40mm to go with it. All for 500 dollars right on the button. I purchased some winchester power point 180 grain bullets today and will be sighting in the following weekend. I will be saving the brass and purchasing some more brass to reload some bullets. Im thinking 180 grain nosler accubonds or maybe Barnes tsx or tipped tsx bullets. I was thinking of buying a bipod for it, but still debating. Will be hunting anything and everything with it. It will be my new go to rifle for big game. Mostly Moose, Caribou, and black bear.

I was wondering if anyone would like to share some loads they like for big game. It would be really appreciated. I will post pictures probably tomorrow or Monday night. Just wanted to share! Thanks

Fitch

I just bought basically a brand new Browning A-Bolt 300. wsm with only 21 rounds put through it. No nicks, no marks, no scratches, nothing. Comes with a sling and leupold scope rings. My buddy gave me a Bushnell scopechief VI 3-9X 40mm to go with it. All for 500 dollars right on the button.
W O W ! You stole that gun. :D Well done!

You are going to have a lot of fun with that rifle. Definitely post pictures, and targets, and poses over game shot. My hunting buddy has two Browning A-bolts - he's filled a garage full of freezers with meat from them over the years. they are both good looking rifle and they definitely get it done.

I almost bought the twin of your rifle (BOSS model) at Christmas but it sold before I got back to them and it was significantly more than the excellent deal you made.

Fitch

Last edited:

Chas1

Congratulations on your new rig. Look forward to hearing how it shoots. Enjoy.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce