Snake boots, which ones are you using and why ?

Just curious; how many have actually had a snake strike and "test" their boots?
I keep a bond arms snake slayer loaded with .410's in my pocket, none have been given any chance! I don't waste time deciding if it's dangerous or not, if it's within five feet it dies. But I'd like to see YouTube Tests.

image.jpg
I once had the opportunity to be able to hunt So. Missouri for hogs and deer. The landowner tells me that they have a lot of rattlers and copperheads down there. Cottonmouths in the lower part, not so much by him. I was looking at boots at Cabelas on line and was not very impressed.
I saw that they are not waterproof like advertised. So if they lack that advertised quality, what about the snake proofness? What do you wear and how long have they lasted you? That was another quality that I saw was rather poor.
Magellan outdoors snake shield very inexpensive and super light also very waterproof but a little silicone water guard never hurts any waterproof boot

Guess I'm the idiot that catches them.... never bitten by the ones that kill, but when i was a little kid I'd put my hand in a Gardner snake nest so they would bite me and I'd pull out 5 or 6...... I think somethings wrong with me. In telaga training area (heartbreak ridge anyone) i remember navigating down a mountain of boulders and almost every step there was rattling, it was like locusts all around me except it wasn't.....

I don't know how anyone wears leather boots. I need breathable for my feet

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.