Should we start to boycot these high prices?

That explains why your not getting it despite multiple people trying different angles.

Have you looked at the numbers on the cost both in dollars but environmentally to replace fossil fuels, right now the only thing worth a serious effort is nuclear. There is a whole lot more areas than LA or NY with no concentration of pollution, except that thousands of acres of windmills and thousands of acres of solar farms that haven't made a dent.
I found out the other day a couple miles from my house we get a sweet 600 acre solar farm, how awesome it must be for someone in LA to get power from a spot in Mt that is going to be covered in solar panels! Wonder why they don't cover their own land in solar panels and wind farms??

Not that I'm anti solar or wind cause Ill be of the grid soon, micro solar and wind make sense but on a grid level it's ignorant!!
Like I said, I started this thread to address the escalating cost of reloading. Not the entire country's economic woes. I already told you this. That subject is beyond the scope of this reloading thread/ long range hunting forum. Important, yes. But not in this reloading forum. Perhaps you need to start another thread? Please consider this.

the simple answer is no boycotting them won't have any affect on current or future prices and it won't bring prices down
if anything it will cause prices to go up even more

Like I said, I started this thread to address the escalating cost of reloading. Not the entire country's economic woes. I already told you this. That subject is beyond the scope of this reloading thread/ long range hunting forum. Important, yes. But not in this reloading forum. Perhaps you need to start another thread? Please consider this.
Yes, you've been answered many times on that but a stubborn refusal to grasp it has put people who genuinely would like to help you understand in a predicament trying to figure out some way to communicate to you what you want to know but since it's not aligning with what your really wanting to hear your struggling.

Wont hear it from me. You ever been/seen LA or NY or any other major size city on a summer day? Smog alerts every day. Fossile fuels cause this. But I must be concerned for our kids and their future families. I can only hope at some point that our govt starts making future energy issues a REAL priority and start spending more on alternatives rather than the crap they are flushing $$ down the drain. Please note that I started this thread to address reloading cost escalation. Not the not the entire economy, which is WAY above my pay grade. Yeah, it affects us all. Arrrrrr..
LA & NYC are blue city cesspools with other issues that eclipse any smog problems.

We have a solution to future energy issues and that is the domestic coal supply under our feet that is projected to be at least several hundred years worth. We build clean coal powered plants in the US. And we can build new nuclear power plants and upgrade existing ones.

Energy availability, or the lack thereof thanks to Brandon, is contributing to the higher prices of everything. To include ammunition and reloading prices.

So if you voted for "bare shelves Brandon" then enjoy living in the conditions you set.

LA & NYC are blue city cesspools with other issues that eclipse any smog problems.

We have a solution to future energy issues and that is the domestic coal supply under our feet that is projected to be at least several hundred years worth. We build clean coal powered plants in the US. And we can build new nuclear power plants and upgrade existing ones.

Energy availability, or the lack thereof thanks to Brandon, is contributing to the higher prices of everything. To include ammunition and reloading prices.

So if you voted for "bare shelves Brandon" then enjoy living in the conditions you set.
Hydrogen fuel cells have been a thing for many many years. No pollution. But hard to tax so won't ever b mainstream.
Getting back on topic. If u don't like a companies price don't buy from them. But then don't be mad if your neighbor has a high priced garage full.

the simple answer is no boycotting them won't have any affect on current or future prices and it won't bring prices down
if anything it will cause prices to go up even more
It actually might. But I think that lots of folks have forgotten what the original question and statement I stated was. I wanted to know what people thought about the subject of boycot and its effects. It seems that a bunch of folks have diverted this thread into a discussion about the economic crisis in this country. Important discussion, yes. But here in the reloading thread/long range forum, no

Yes, you've been answered many times on that but a stubborn refusal to grasp it has put people who genuinely would like to help you understand in a predicament trying to figure out some way to communicate to you what you want to know but since it's not aligning with what your really wanting to hear your struggling.
This reloading thread and long range hunting forum is not the place for an in depth discussion on the horrible economic woes of this country. This subject needs to be discussed. But not in this particular thread/forum. All I wanted to see is if the subject of boycot was viable and to address the escalating costs of reloading. Honestly, I don't think boycot would work. History shows boycots are a LONG term tool, at best. With very mixed results. I really wanted to just know how folks thought about it. The poll results of the poll on this subject are telling of people's thoughts. Most don't want it. Take a look.

Hydrogen fuel cells have been a thing for many many years. No pollution. But hard to tax so won't ever b mainstream.
Getting back on topic. If u don't like a companies price don't buy from them. But then don't be mad if your neighbor has a high priced garage full.
I don't buy from sellers that are selling overpriced supplies. I don't get mad either. I plan ahead for the down cycles.

Coal? The single worst contributer to our atmosphere. We are getting off topic here. This thread is about boycot and addressing the escalating costs of reloading.

It actually might. But I think that lots of folks have forgotten what the original question and statement I stated was. I wanted to know what people thought about the subject of boycot and its effects. It seems that a bunch of folks have diverted this thread into a discussion about the economic crisis in this country. Important discussion, yes. But here in the reloading thread/long range forum, no
and i along wit h several others on here gave you an honest answer the answer is no boycotting isn't going to cause manufactures to suddenly drop prices AGAIN it will cause them to increase prices to make up for lost revenue do to people boycotting them
remember the shut down due to cover is what partially caused this price increase due to loss of revenue because many had to shut down.
share holders DON'T LIKE LOSEING MONEY anymore then we like giving it to uncle sam

the current reloading crisis was foreseeable a long time ago, those who chose to ignore it are now crying and complaining those of us that saw it coming a long time ago and
stocked up while prices were reasonable can sit back and laugh at those of you who thought this would never happen
we never thought 9/11 would happen but it did
we never thought we would get stuck in 2 wars for 20+ yrs but we did
we never thought the country would get shut down due to the chinese flu but it did
you never thought trump would get stomped on and beat by a senile old fool but he did
my point is NEVER NEEVER ever say it won't happen the minute you do BAM its going to happen

"I'm am wondering if I (we) should start to boycot these companies that are bending us over, charging these extortionate prices on reloading supplies. This high price greed is not ok. They are praying on the pandemic pricing craze. There is no way that their raw materials have gone up that much to warrant these high prices. Maybe we need to just say "enough of this crap. Stuff your prices!"

If you thought you were going to make this post on an internet forum and not get an answer on why people don't think the companies should be boycotted I don't know what to tell you. You say there is no way material prices have gone up that much and we explained how and why they have. You just don't like the facts and the facts have everything to do with our countries economic woes. It's not two separate issues. I am guessing your politics are on the left side of the spectrum so you deal in emotion not facts. Nobody can help you with that other than yourself.

This reloading thread and long range hunting forum is not the place for an in depth discussion on the horrible economic woes of this country. This subject needs to be discussed. But not in this particular thread/forum. All I wanted to see is if the subject of boycot was viable and to address the escalating costs of reloading. Honestly, I don't think boycot would work. History shows boycots are a LONG term tool, at best. With very mixed results. I really wanted to just know how folks thought about it. The poll results of the poll on this subject are telling of people's thoughts. Most don't want it. Take a look.
If you already know boycotting will not work, why present it. Twenty-one pages in any forum is an in-depth discussion. Your question has been answered on page 1 by @bigngreen, @Slick8, and @Rick Richard and reiterated throughout the thread, but you still refuse to accept it because it is not the answer you are hoping for. You want us to boycott and hope the prices go down so you can afford to pay and play. For those of us that understand, we know that is not the case. Only you can help yourself to be able to pay and play - income is the driver and deciding factor. None of us like high prices either, but we understand the cost increase on all the goods and services that affects the reloading costs.

Recent Posts