Shooting with eye glasses.

mo

Do many people shoot with eyeglasses? Man I must be getting old! I've had 4 NF with the NPR1 RR and when I shoot a paper target I like to use the first dot. I just got in my new NXS and since I like the dot so much I bought the NP 2DD recital. I can hardly see the dots. Do eyeglasses help?

mo~

I shoot with glasses, the kind that help me see far away. Recently, I had to get the kind that also help me see close up. I call them "progressive lenses", that's easier for me to admit I'm getting older than saying "bi-focals".
I also use NF scopes. When I switched to the new glasses, I had to adjust the focus of the reticle. The ocular on the NXS is abjustable for you to adjust the clarity of the reticle. Although it is pre-set from the factory, everyone has a different focal point. Just turn it counter clockwise to break it free, then adjust as the manual states. Lock it down when you're finished and you should have a nice clear dot.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.