Sharing COVID-19 vaccination personal experience

Spouse has shellfish and bee sting allergic reactions so is afraid to get the vaccination at this time.
I understand the concern as I've had anaphylactic shock from both. I have bee sting injector kits prescribed to me from the VA. I had the Moderna vaccine with mild flu like reactions. No fever, just some muscle aches and fatigue.

I just got my second injection of Pfizer at 10pm last night. This morning, feel fine. That might change as my body tries to "fight" the new intruder.
Last time I just had sleepiness for about a day..
I'm 64, BTW. Hoping this helps move the conversation forward.

Both Moderna 1st shots
Mother 74 yo- no issues, just slight soreness
Mother in law - 65 yo, germ-o-phobe, 98 pounds, 4'11"--- no issues just slight sorness

Got second round of Moderna last Thursday. Felt a little crappy and slightly feverish (didn't actually check) from Allballs to Noon the next day and a sore arm (I get that with every shot).

A poll of my troops indicate about 30% had some sort of mild symptom ranging from feverish feeling to hangover like. Word was stay home if you feel crappy so they did.

Hangover symptoms ranging from 1 too many bowling alley beers to the full blown Mardis Gras Especiale. Everyone is doing just fine now...

Has anyone had covid and then got the vaccine?
I wasn't diagnosed with it early last year, this was before they had tests and said it wasn't necessary without a fever. But I had the symptoms and lost my sense of taste and smell prior to that being listed as one of the symptoms. I still suffer from loss of lung function. I received the Moderna vaccine. And I'll receive the second dose this Thursday depending on the weather.

Last edited:
I wasn't diagnosed with it early last year, this was before they had tests and said it wasn't necessary without a fever. But I had the symptoms and lost my sense of taste and smell prior to that being listed as one of the symptoms. I still suffer from loss of lung function. I received the Moderna vaccine. And I'll receive the second dose depending on the weather.

ok, good deal, my buddy is a doctor and was telling me that people who had covid and then got the vaccine had the most severe reactions. He's kind of an arrogant doom and gloom guy so not sure if he was saying it to get attention or if he really meant it. Also, his sample sizes tend to be people in his immediate department. So like a sample size of...2.

ok, good deal, my buddy is a doctor and was telling me that people who had covid and then got the vaccine had the most severe reactions. He's kind of an arrogant doom and gloom guy so not sure if he was saying it to get attention or if he really meant it. Also, his sample sizes tend to be people in his immediate department. So like a sample size of...2.
I was a Combat Medic, my brother is a doctor. I have two friends who work covid ICU wards. But my sample size is small too. This thread helps, but it's hersey and a small sample size also. I'd continue researching it until YOU feel comfortable. Just my 2 cents worth from the peanut gallery.

Yes, I tested positive on 11/13/20, ended in the ER with double-lung COVID pneumonia, and was out of work for over 2 months. I got my first Moderna vaccine on 1/28/21, and my second will be on 2/25/21.
Hence you stopping by the gun store lately. Stocking up for missed time. Glad you're feeling better buddy.

Been there than that. I remember getting the Anthrax shot during the 1st Gulf War, and all our shot records mysteriously disappeared. Well, 30+ years later, I am still alive today. 😇 WOW, that went by quickly.
Funny...my shot record has disappeared for that too. I guess that means it never happened! Kind of like tearing down statues must mean history didn't happen either ...SMH!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.