Sharing COVID-19 vaccination personal experience

I got both doses of Pfizer. Sore arm after the first, felt a little feverish after the second dose. Fixed with Tylenol. I'm glad to have it so I won't have to worry as much about giving it to older family members or my patients. Less worried about myself, I'm young and healthy.

I worked in the ICU through the last major surge. It was absolutely terrible. Words cannot adequately describe the suffering and tragedy. I saw many relatively healthy and young people die. Yes, pre existing health problems will make you more susceptible to severe disease. But there is a subset of unlucky people who for unclear reasons will have a severe immune reaction and die, despite being young and healthy.

Plus there was an enormous amount of guilt expressed by family members who had unfortunately given covid to their older family members who went on to die. COVID is highly contagious before you have the symptoms. Most people are smart and avoid grandpa when they feel sick...problem is you already gave it to grandpa before you had symptoms.

sorry, getting off my soap box now! Feel free to PM me if you want any off-the-record type general advise coming from an MD.

Wife took her second shot the day before yesterday. She is an ICU nurse and was pretty much pushed into taking it. First shot, localized soreness. Second shot, sick in bed, body aches, chills, nausea, 102 degree fever.
We are scheduled to get our first injection at work next week. I took my name off the list.
I have mild HBP controlled with meds and will be 60 in a month. I have had several reactions to meds in the past, so I really do not know what to do. Chances are, if I do not take the vaccine this round, it may be a year before another opportunity occurs as I am mandated to retire from the military at 60.
It is really hard to trust "THEM" with the current political and global climate, the way "THEY" are pushing this vaccine, and the several videos of fake injections. Between a rock and a hard place right now as I have less than two days to change my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
My family came down with the virus 🦠 we Quarantine for 14 days there's eight of us in the house the only two that didn't test positive was my nine-year-old son and my 15-year-old daughter. My wife and I are scheduled for first shots on February 22 I have two sisters at are nurse practitioners and they both suggest that we get our shots. Stay healthy and God bless

We take care of our 80 y.o. mother so she got scheduled and lo and behold, we qualified for the shots also.
Wife had a bit of anxiety, checked her out at local fire dept. Allergic to Sulpha products and had just a 30 minute mild reaction.
80 y.o. mother and I had no reaction other than getting tired while at home and the following day. Little pain in injection site.
It was the 1st round of Pfizer. Second one to be scheduled.
Covid hit one of adult children and grankids. They managed thru it. Too close to home for me.

We take care of our 80 y.o. mother so she got scheduled and lo and behold, we qualified for the shots also.
Wife had a bit of anxiety, checked her out at local fire dept. Allergic to Sulpha products and had just a 30 minute mild reaction.
80 y.o. mother and I had no reaction other than getting tired while at home and the following day. Little pain in injection site.
It was the 1st round of Pfizer. Second one to be scheduled.
Covid hit one of adult children and grankids. They managed thru it. Too close to home for me.
I received the moderna shot 45 minutes ago so far so good never even felt her give it to me. David

My wife and I both had the Pfizer shot on Jan 19th. We experienced slight discomfort at the injection site. No different then getting a flu shot. We're scheduled for the 2nd shot on Feb 9th.

FWIW - We were vaccinated at a state run, drive-through, mass vaccination center in a massive parking lot. Everything went very smooth and the people were very professional and pleasant to deal with. The whole operation took about 45 min.

I went on an Elk hunt in NM the end of October.....within a few days of returning I had a dry cough, runny nose, an ache in my joints. After putting up with this for a couple of days I decided I better get tested....came up positive. Symptoms were very mild, got lucky, I guess. I'm in group 1B (75 next month) and I got my first Pfizer shot on the 17th....other than a sore shoulder for a day, no other effects. I am scheduled for #2 on 8 Feb. We'll see how round two goes. Maybe with the "antibodies" from the previous infection and vaccinations I'll be safe in the future.

Last edited:
my 30 y.o. son got the first moderna dose about 2 weeks ago . he said he didn't have any side effects . he works at a Fed prison .

I talked to my son today . he got his second shot this past Tuesday . later in the day he got the chills , and the shakes . he woke up through the night had his pillow sweat wet , but felt fine . he said it was no big deal , and he would definitely take the vaccine again .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts