Sharing COVID-19 vaccination personal experience

First shot I had a little area soreness. I had a reaction to the bandage glue, but not the shot. I get the second shot in ten days. I will be taking Theraflu to help mitigate symptoms. A few of my good friends had some flu like symptoms for a day or two. Wife and I get the shot the same day and with two daughters, it will make for a fun weekend if we have a reaction. Stay well all!

We were shocked at how fast our appointment came up. I registered both of us 2 weeks ago and got call on Wed for the Friday injection. We feel very fortunate since both of us do have health concerns and hoping the vaccination will help mitigate any potential severity of the illness.
In Boise, we are shocked how long the estimated wait is for 65 years old + = 2+ months. Our group opened at 0800 0n Monday, at 0800.01 the web sites closed.

My wife got the second dose of the Pfizer with no side effects. I got the second dose of the Moderna vaccine, 14 hrs laters I had a severe headache, body aches and chills that lasted about 24 hours. Still worth it for me.

Got both of mine done, felt like any other shot I've gotten. Mild soreness in the area of the shot, to be expected any time you get a piece of metal stabbed into you and the area filled with a serum. No complaints from me.

Well after it didn't disappear, MAGICALLY...and 460'000 deaths I didn't have to think real hard about getting my vaccine shot...Feb 1st and they scheduled the second on March 1st...never felt a thing and I guess we'll see...pray for all those lost souls !!

I had covid, and not to get all weird on you, but a lot of these deaths are to sensationalize it. I agree and respect anyone who doesn't want to chance it, but I personally know two people who have passed from it.

Both had several pretty serious health issues, aka those issues were going to get them within the next year or two, and they were very stagnant people.

It blew through the department that I work in, and it was very 50/50 and the 50/50 for symptoms was obvious. Healthier, more active people were fine, and when I mean fine like had the sniffles or lost their smell and taste fine. The guys who were overweight, had diabetes, were smokers, etc...had more severe symptoms but weathered the storm and returned to work within two weeks.

Fun fact, the guy who started it all was a 71 year old who won't retire. He came into work after visiting his dirty little grand kids and was asymptomatic. He literally gave it to 30/48 people in my department.

I only say this to reassure everyone that it is not a death sentence. I would say I am above average health, only because I love working out, and my only symptoms were loss of smell and achy knees. The achy knees only last two days, but my loss of smell is concerning since it's been 3 months since I had it and it Hasn't returned.

Turn off the news, talk to your doctors, and start taking care of yourselves. You're gawd dang, gun shootin, beer drinkin, red meat eatin Americans. Y'all will be ok.

I've had both doses of Moderna. First before Christmas and my second dose a couple weeks back. Arm was sore on the first injection. Body aches and chills with the second.

My father got his a couple of weeks ago (moderna) and is scheduled tomorrow to get the 2nd dose. Never had symptoms or soreness at the injection site, Dad is a healthy 87 years young.

Wife and I are not going to get it yet. We feel there are other people that needed it more than we do. So once all the first responders the elders that are more elderly than us and the employed that needed we will get ours. We are both retired, staying at home not socializing and any purchases we do is curbside or food to go also curbside. I've got plenty to do and have always been a homebody and enjoy the life of a dog , sleeping, eating, and pooping. Life is great, we also fish a lot at the coast and stay away from everyone and sleep in our Class B RV so avoiding crowds is not an issue. But will get it eventually.

Feeling fine after the first Pifzer shot and scheduled for the 2nd in 4 days.

My daughter and her husband are teachers and just received their 2nd Pfizer shot 1 day from each other.
He is a gym teacher and works out all the time. He is also a marathon cyclist. He said he felt like he was hit by a garbage truck the day after his second injection. He also has recurring fevers.
My daughter is a petite little gal and was very concerned with the after-symptoms she might get. It's been a day and a half after her second shot and she has remained symptom free. Fingers crossed for her.

Last edited:
He said he felt like he was hit by a garbage truck the day after his second injection. He also has recurring fevers.
My father and sister got their 2nd dose yesterday. Pops had no issues at all with both not even sore, he stated that my sister had to go lie down as she was not feeling fine from the 2nd shot. I have heard on local news that there are more side effects to the 2nd shot and are a little more severe . Now we wait and see.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts