Sharing COVID-19 vaccination personal experience

These vaccines have been extensively and rigorously tested by numerous scientific and independent medical organizations nationally and internationally, and testing is ongoing. Young populations have have been less well tested, and, for obvious reasons, longitudinal testing cannot yet be done.
Monitoring and reporting seem very robust. At the first indication there might be an issue with blood clots with one of the vaccines, several countries immediately ceased administering it. Apparently, after further examination, blood clot incidence in vaccinated persons was fewer than controls. In the context of a devestating pandemic, the process seems to be surprisingly transparent and cautiously monitored.
In any case, as millions are vaccinated, the evidence is that the vaccine appears safe and life- saving. Longitudinally, there remains much to be learned, particularly regarding effectiveness against new variants. One caution I think we must take; however, is to maintain CDC covid guidelines, mask, distancing, hand washing, until scientists understand current vaccines' effectiveness against the new variants now appearing.

An explanation print-out was provided:
COVID-19 caused by coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2
Moderna COVID-10 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID19. There is no FDA approved vaccine to prevent COVID19
FDA has authorized the emergency use of Moderna COVID19 under a "Emergency Use Authorization" - (EUA)
A list of med conditions/situations, including allergic reactions to the Moderna vaccine or its ingredients, was provided that could affect the Moderna COVID19 vaccination
A list of Moderna ingredients was provided, lots of funny sounding chemicals including polyethylene glycol (PEG).
Clinical trials - about 15,400 humans over 18 were injected with Moderna
Adverse vaccine side effects need to be reported to - FDA/CDC Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) 800-822-7967 or vaers,hhs.gov/reportevent.html - sounds bureaucratic.

This is the reason for my hesitation to take the shots. I know a lot of you and other people have taken the shots without any
problems and that is good. I am just not a 100% sure.
I quit drinking Dr Pepper in the 90s because it had polyethylene glycol as an ingredient on the can have drank it since though a person can't get away from all the chemicals that are in everything. David

I had my first Pfizer shot February 22 (sore arm at injection site)and the second shot March 15 and came home with fever and light flu like symptoms.
That was yesterday and much better today.
I asked about this shot protecting us for the different variants and she said you will most likely need a booster shot for just incase.
I told her NO Johnson&Johnson shot so she asked why and I told her and she said you will have to tell the nurses at the time you get the booster shot.
I hope this is it and we all get better,the economy gets better and jobs return Primers return Powders return and hard to find cases return and people get sore jaws from smiling too much!
May God bless all!
Old Rooster

We had our 2nd Moderna shot today. A very nice young lady, a University of Montana nursing student, carefully and pleasantly administered my shot. Wifey had some older woman for her shot. I witnessed a constant stream of wheelchairs, walkers, & canes getting out of a parade of large pickup trucks, some driven by much younger people that could have been grandchildren. No bad effects. Upon entering the vaccination area we were required to present ID and our 1st vaccination card and complete a health status questionnaire. Everything was quickly and easily managed - made me happy.

One of my favorite soft drinks is a 50-50 mix of Dr. Pepper & Pepsi. I guess polyethylene glycol (PEG) cannot give a person any kind of a buzz. As soon as I got home I raided our chocolate bowl and now am anticipating a nice PM slug of Dickel.