Sever Chronic Pain and Spinal Cord Stimulators – NERVO

Len,
How is your treatment/recovery going. I din't want to hijack DJ's post.
Hope you are getting better
Cheers
Well today I had another change in the electric program to target another section of nerves, but it may take a few days to feel the change. It is not going as well as I hoped it would. During the "Trial Implants" I had a day where the pain was 90% relieved. It has been six weeks since I had the Implant Leads, wires, and Battery Pack installed. They usually install (2) SCS Leads in the spine, but there was not enough room in my spine with all the metal and they could only put (1) Lead in. Still having a lot of pain. The pain in my spine from C-1 to C-6 is almost gone, but in the C-7 and T-1 area I still have pain and need to take pain meds for any relief. I had six different programs so far and just need to get the one program that will work better. I think they told me that there are about 30 different programs in the SCS so there is still HOPE. The fifth program gave me about 20% less pain so hope #6 program will be better. Without the SCS I difficulty in watching the TV or even talking. Now between the SCS and Pain meds I can at least enjoy a meal, watch a movie and read posts on LRH. Hopefully soon I can greatly reduce the medication. Plenty more programs in the SCS to try. So praying keeping my faith and I know that eventually I'll get back to building rifles and a lot of shooting. We have three new Reamers from JGS arriving any day so need to turn some barrels. Also starting to get cold here so Coyotes and night hunting are here.
Thanks for thinking of me. God Bless to all!
Len

Len, any updates?
Chase thank you for asking
Been trying to keep a lot inside because not much positive progress. I try to read & post things on LRH to keep my mind off of my situation.
Since 01/05/22 My SCS Programmers have been telling me to do my own programing with a schedule they sent me. Have not had much luck. Goes from having sever pain in one section of the spinal cord to another. The worst is in C-7 to T-2.
Had a conversation with the Programmer today and switched from Program 6 level #3 to Program "9" level #2. Already seems to have reduced the Burning pain (white hot metal stuck into your spine) but it takes about four days for a change to really take effect.
My Pain medication doesn't work so I have a beer once in a while. Need to get a good bottle of Bourbon (haha).
Still have a bunch of electrical frequencies to try...
My biggest help is in Jesus Christ. Just remember our Lord and Saviour will Never Forsake you.
Anyone else out there with heath issues Jill and I PRAY for your healing, pain relief, and a fast full recovery!
God Bless all you great people & your families on LRH.
God Bless our WORLD!

I am tying to finish our Gun Smith Shop. Got all the equipment/machinery in place. Just have to put the electrical in. Have a State of the Art Shop which would be the envy of anyone building rifles and just need to be able to play. Physically I can, but the pain prevents me.
On a Good note we have all the reloading components along with parts for the next (4) builds and the Reamers from JGS will be here any day.
Just need to have a few good days to hook everything up and start turning metal.
Also am going to try to put up a few more tree stands for Hogs and Coyotes this next week.
Will try any update with some POSITIVE results soon!

Take Care & Remember to Keep your Faith!
Len

Len, you're an inspiration. I severely hurt my back a few years ago and while mostly it's fine whenever it "acts up" some days I can't even pick up the toilet seat for a couple weeks at a time. Seems like nothing compared to what you're/you've been through. You aren't kidding man. God is great. The almighty always keeps us straight. Take care.

One thing I want to say is that the LRH Forum Is like a BIG Family that looks out for each other.
I can't thank each and everyone of you enough for your kind words, positive thoughts and most of all your prayers. I see this in so many posts to members where we all care for each other.
You never see this on other FORUMS on the internet. We all have a special bonding, at least I do. Met a lot a great, good soul people.
GOD Bless all of us. I know there is not supposed to be any religious statements but if you don't believe in GOD there sure is a higher power looking out for you!

Len, you're an inspiration. I severely hurt my back a few years ago and while mostly it's fine whenever it "acts up" some days I can't even pick up the toilet seat for a couple weeks at a time. Seems like nothing compared to what you're/you've been through. You aren't kidding man. God is great. The almighty always keeps us straight. Take care.
Chase as always you are in our prayers!

Hello everyone!

Just an update.

I know that I have had conversations with many of you interested in my wellbeing and the progress on pain reduction in my neck.
I have still been trying to work on firearms, shoot and do some yardwork. Nothing that amounts to much. But have a new puppy - Cassie a Great Pyrenees so she tries to keep me active.

Jill is an angel from our Lord and takes excellent care of me doing most of the work around here.

Well, no good news to tell. I have had the Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted in my neck since last Thanksgiving and went through hundreds of programs where the electronic stimulator and lead would help reduce the pain by sending electronic signals into the nerves in my spinal cord.
NOTHING WORKED! The frequencies would not work or make it worse to the point I was being electrocuted.
Sorry to say that it was my last hope at any relief.

Last month we turned off the SCS and there was no difference in the pain. Still 24/7/365 and pain meds do not work.

I am trying another option on seeing a NERO SURGEON. I had another CT and MRI on my Cervical section of my spinal cord yesterday.
The new NERO SURGEON is reviewing these and past Imaginings. I have an appointment next Wednesday to see if there are any options on an OPERTATION to my spine and spinal cord to try to relieve the pain.
Will give an update after the consultation with the Surgeon.

Would appreciate any good thoughts and prayers.

Thanks much
Len

Sorry to hear about this Bud, I have had much of the same stuff as you, Radio Frequency Ablation, Epidurals, Pain meds everything. The hardest thing to deal with besides the pain is not being able to do what you once could and having to rely on others to do things that you could once do. Hope this new device relieves you from all the pain and suffering my friend, Take care! HK

Sorry to hear about this Bud, I have had much of the same stuff as you, Radio Frequency Ablation, Epidurals, Pain meds everything. The hardest thing to deal with besides the pain is not being able to do what you once could and having to rely on others to do things that you could once do. Hope this new device relieves you from all the pain and suffering my friend, Take care! HK
Been through everything as you. Went from an elite world class athlete to can't even say.
This isn't a new device - already did that. May go into Nero Surgery next. Waiting on the consultation and review of the CT & MRI.
I am way past biting the bullet because of my faith in Jesus and love for Jill.

BTW
Your emoji looks like me!

Thanks
Len

Been through everything as you. Went from an elite world class athlete to can't even say.
This isn't a new device - already did that. May go into Nero Surgery next. Waiting on the consultation and review of the CT & MRI.
I am way past biting the bullet because of my faith in Jesus and love for Jill.

BTW
Your emoji looks like me!

Thanks
Len
You gotta love "Larry Curly & Moe"