Stimulus Money

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
What did you spend your Stimulus money on!

Attachments

• Stim Check.jpg
    Stim Check.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Spending some for takeout at locally owned restaurants, rest goes into retirement accounts. Last one did tires and brakes at a local place.

My wife said that it's incredibly stupid of the Federal govt to send money to citizens who haven't lost one red cent due to the pandemic. We are both retired and have pensions. Our income has not changed.

She sent the money back to make a point. I've gotta agree with her on the stupidity of all of this especially when I just read that 2/3 of the people polled said that they aren't spending the money now or in the foreseeable future. I'm also aware of several businesses that have done quite well during the pandemic and all received Federal $$$$$.

And who decided that the money shouldn't be taxable irrespective of your annual income? This country is run by fools who haven't got a clue. Hold on because the give-aways have barely begun.

Last edited:
wife and I got the first checks then the wife got her second one but I never did, had to put it on our tax return and this last check neither of us got ours and IRS says don't ask we will not answer

I am putting a sizeable chunk of all these stimmy checks into a Roth IRA. I am absolutely going to need tax-free funds in retirement when inflation sets in and the economy gets a big kick in the nards when the U.S. starts paying the bills for all this spending.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.