Stimulus Money

The first almost paid last years house taxes. The last one went into a new garage door and car insurance.

When FDR used socialized policies in the New Deal, money wasn't sent so that folks could stay home. It was spent to put men and women back to work to build infrastructure that we still use and actually cherish in some cases, like Red Rocks ampitheater. It was effective enough to pull us out of the depression and made us strong enough to whoop the nazis and japanese. I mention that because while it is very easy and valid to criticize Dems and others, for wanting to give it all away, socialized policies simply cannot be equated with communism.

Stimulus checks? Spouse and I didn't get no stinking checks....retired, so no job income for the feds to measure I guess.
Oh well, would have just p.......d it away on primers if there were any to buy. LOL

Bills......I guess lol. Very 1st check last year, only received $330.
Never received a 2nd or 3rd.

I'd be fine with it if they went to the people who lost their jobs and income instead of just sending out to everyone. Should have been going to gym owners, restaurant owners and the others that were directly affected by the poor decisions and forced shutdowns. Some kind of rhyme or reason at least.

Free money isn't free which we'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
Stimulus checks? Spouse and I didn't get no stinking checks....retired, so no job income for the feds to measure I guess.
Oh well, would have just p.......d it away on primers if there were any to buy. LOL
If you filed a tax return in either of the last two years and have a combined adjusted gross income of less than $150,000 then you should have received the full amount. Between $150k and $175K is where they prorate your stimulus check.

I don't know anyone who doesn't actually file a return.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts